* Xapian::DB_NO_SYNC option?
@ 2020-01-27  9:46 Eric Wong
From: Eric Wong @ 2020-01-27  9:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta

Since 1.3.2, Xapian has supports a DB_NO_SYNC flag to disable
fsync().  It's available from the new SWIG "Xapian" Perl
bindings, but not the old Search::Xapian XS binding, though it's
easy enough to define ourselves (0x4) when encountering Xapian
1.3.2+.

So I'm wondering if it'd be useful for anybody to provide a
switch or command-line option to disable fsync?  SQLite also
has a PRAGMA to control fsync usage.

Personally, I use the "eatmydata" LD_PRELOAD wrapper a lot and
have always found public-inbox-index and one-off importer
scripts completely unusable without eatmydata.

Everything we store in Xapian, (and even SQLite nowadays) is
regeneratable, anyways, so no risk of data loss in the worst
case.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-01-27  9:46 UTC | newest]