* other vger lists on lore?
@ 2018-08-27 20:50 Eric Wong
From: Eric Wong @ 2018-08-27 20:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Konstantin Ryabitsev; +Cc: meta

Hi Konstantin, it looks like lore is going well for LKML :>

Any plans to expand to other kernel.org lists?

I see some messages only hit netdev or fsdevel without Cc-ing
LKML, and it might be nice to get all of it :>

/me hopes to return to more regular public-inbox hacking next week.

Thanks.

* Re: other vger lists on lore?
@ 2018-08-27 20:58 ` Konstantin Ryabitsev
From: Konstantin Ryabitsev @ 2018-08-27 20:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Wong; +Cc: meta

On Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 08:50:48PM +0000, Eric Wong wrote:
>Hi Konstantin, it looks like lore is going well for LKML :>
>
>Any plans to expand to other kernel.org lists?

Yeah, this is something I'll be actively promoting soon, but I will be
caveating this by requesting that all lists joining lore.kernel.org
provide an archive of messages as far back as possible. I'll probably
start working on that in early September.

I'll follow up in a more public way once I have all the necessary bits
done -- I need to comb over the archive sanitizing script I used for
LKML to make it not list-specific.

>I see some messages only hit netdev or fsdevel without Cc-ing
>LKML, and it might be nice to get all of it :>
>
>/me hopes to return to more regular public-inbox hacking next week.

Nice! I don't really have any requests, except perhaps providing more
semantic markup to the output so people interested in adding CSS bells
and whistles can do so.

Best,
-K

* Re: other vger lists on lore?
@ 2018-09-01 20:56   ` Eric Wong
From: Eric Wong @ 2018-09-01 20:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Konstantin Ryabitsev; +Cc: meta

Konstantin Ryabitsev <konstantin@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
> Yeah, this is something I'll be actively promoting soon, but I will be
> caveating this by requesting that all lists joining lore.kernel.org provide
> an archive of messages as far back as possible. I'll probably start working
> on that in early September.

As far as ancient messages goes, the v2 format should(*) be able to
work starting from any integer $N for the $REPO_DIR/git/$N.git
repository.

So you could start at 1.git and fill in 0.git later (reindex
will be necessary), and NNTP article numbers would need to be
manually padded.

(*) not sure if I tested this, though :x