On Thu, Jul 05, 2018 at 11:13:46PM +0000, Eric Wong wrote: >"Eric W. Biederman" wrote: >> It looks like public-inbox has some challenges when importing some >> questionable emails. The import of lkml has resulted in several commits >> with bad dates that git fsck complains about. I have previously >> reported this to Konstantin Ryabitsev who maintains kernel.org but since >> I have not seen any discussion of this I thought I should report it >> directly here as well. > >Thanks for bringing this up publically. > >Yes, I early during v2 development I noticed old mails had some >-1400 timezone values (but the furthest is -1200). I opted to >attempt to preserve the wonky timezones since fast-import >happily accepts -1400 and I didn't anticipate problems... So, I can fix those in the archives, but this obviously requires rebasing the whole repo, and I'm not sure what kind of impact that would have. I'm assuming it's not sufficient to just fix the git repo, as all commit IDs after the modified commit are going to be different -- so additional changes to sqlite and xapian dbs would be required? -K