From: Eric Wong <e@80x24.org>
To: Jonathan Nieder <jrnieder@gmail.com>
Cc: meta@public-inbox.org, Jeff King <peff@peff.net>
Subject: Re: Contributing messages to an archive
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2018 21:03:31 +0000	[thread overview]

Jonathan Nieder <jrnieder@gmail.com> wrote:
> Eric Wong wrote:
> > I suspect that is best suited for a second archive.
>
> Hm, I was looking forward to having it in the main archive since
> that's where people look for context on a patch.
>
> Is there a way to configure the search to look at multiple archives?

Not yet, but v2 repos already use the feature of Xapian to
transparently tie different Xapian indices together.

The UI is the hard part, I suppose there should be a way to
group "related" repos hosted on the same server (as I have
a bunch of inboxes which are totally unrelated).

> > Since I'm not a part of git-security, it might be best for you
> > and/or Jeff to run that yourselves[2].  I can help out, of
> > course.  I'd use public-inbox-watch setup to watch that a
> > particular Maildir, and you'd move unembargoed messages into
> > that.
>
> Would you be interested in helping with Git security bug reports and
> reviewing the patches that address them?  If so, we'd be happy to add
> you to the list.

Sure I'd like to be able to scan the list.  But my time for
working on git.git and even public-inbox has been pretty limited
in recent months.