From: Eric Wong <e@80x24.org>
To: Philip Oakley <philipoakley@iee.org>
Cc: meta@public-inbox.org
Subject: Re: reveiwing git main in recent (tday) chronological order
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 20:33:26 +0000	[thread overview]

Philip Oakley <philipoakley@iee.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My various email providers (my public mail address is forwarded to two
> destinations) appear to have some aggressive spam protection which deletes
> valid emails from the git list.
>
> Is there a way of seeing the most recent git list emails in strict date
> -time order, so I can see if I have missed any threads or authors?

So "strict date-time order" is dependent on when public-inbox.org
receives the mail, not according to the Date: header?

If so, the Atom feed is chronological:
https://public-inbox.org/git/new.atom

There's also https://public-inbox.org/git/new.html which is the
default landing page for admins who don't run Xapian search.

NNTP article numbers on news.public-inbox.org are also
chronological according to time received at public-inbox.org

If you want to go according to the Date: header, you can use
an empty search query:

	https://public-inbox.org/git/?q=

> I didn't see anything in the help.

I'm not sure if new.html is linked, anywhere.  It's only the
default view for non-Xapian users, I'll see about making it more
visible.

> Also, is there a way of providing a gmane id number in the URL (rather than
> via the search box), for easy reference to old thread.
> e.g. http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/45195/ (used in
> the Git documentation).
>
> I did not see anything in the help about how to include a search term in the
> URL.

All the search terms use "q" as the query parameter name,
similar to how existing search engines work (at least DuckDuckGo
and Google).

I think escaping the ':' is safer, so that becomes '%3A':

	https://public-inbox.org/git/?q=gmane%3A5

But maybe the following works for most people:

	https://public-inbox.org/git/?q=gmane:5

However, you can expand the "thread" view with an extra "x=t":

	https://public-inbox.org/git/?q=gmane%3A5&x=t

(or x=A for Atom feed)

Hope that helps!