 help / Atom feed
From: Eric Wong <e@80x24.org>
To: Stefan Beller <sbeller@google.com>
Cc: meta@public-inbox.org, Heiko Voigt <hvoigt@hvoigt.net>
Subject: Re: messages dropped in the public inbox ?
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2016 18:26:14 +0000

Stefan Beller <sbeller@google.com> wrote:
> Please see https://public-inbox.org/git/20160817204848.8983-1-sbeller@google.com/
> and its answers:
>
> Thread overview: 4+ messages in thread (expand / mbox.gz / Atom feed / [top])
>      [not found]     ` <20160818140922.GA5925@sandbox>
>
> The message id 20160818140922.GA5925@sandbox
> is not found?
>
> When I query the git repository for that message
> (via a generic `git log --author=Heiko --oneline`) I cannot spot
> the message.
>
> Was it just dropped spuriously?

+Cc: Heiko

I guess it was dropped by vger, first.

If you check https://public-inbox.org/git/20160818140922.GA5925@sandbox/
and follow the links to marc.info or mail-archive.com,
it's missing in those places, too.

Same with nntp://news.gmane.org/20160818140922.GA5925@sandbox
(should load in w3m or lynx)

It might've also coincided with vger downtime, so perhaps
Heiko's server failed to retry.  vger has had quite a few
failures, recently (or perhaps I'm only paying attention more
now that I'm mirroring git@vger).

Based on his other messages and the Message-ID, it looks like he
used mutt; so it's unlikely to be a problem with HTML (but
perhaps it was some taboo attachment, but also unlikely).
Anything interesting from looking at the raw message +headers?

Thanks.

In general, these things happen (and happened in the heyday of
Usenet, too); and quoting is helpful for this.