 help / Atom feed
From: Josh Triplett <josh@joshtriplett.org>
To: Eric Wong <e@80x24.org>
Cc: Jakub Narębski <jnareb@gmail.com>,
	Philip Oakley <philipoakley@iee.org>,
	Christian Couder <christian.couder@gmail.com>,
	git <git@vger.kernel.org>,
	Thomas Ferris Nicolaisen <tfnico@gmail.com>,
	Nicola Paolucci <durden@gmail.com>,
	Junio C Hamano <gitster@pobox.com>, Jeff King <peff@peff.net>,
	Nguyen Thai Ngoc Duy <pclouds@gmail.com>,
	Stefan Beller <sbeller@google.com>,
	Michael Haggerty <mhagger@alum.mit.edu>,
	Ramsay Jones <ramsay@ramsayjones.plus.com>,
	remi galan-alfonso <remi.galan-alfonso@ensimag.grenoble-inp.fr>,
	Johannes Sixt <j6t@kdbg.org>,
	Torsten Bögershausen <tboegi@web.de>,
	Lars Schneider <larsxschneider@gmail.com>,
	meta@public-inbox.org
Subject: Re: Draft of Git Rev News edition 18
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2016 15:32:15 -0700

On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 09:27:04PM +0000, Eric Wong wrote:
> Josh Triplett <josh@joshtriplett.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > +Cc meta@public-inbox.org
> > >
> > > I'm not sure one could do better while staying true to the
> > > minimalist nature of plain-text email.
> > >
> > > In the spirit of decentralization, there may not be /a/
> > > homepage, but many.   Everything is meant to clonable with each
> > > public-inbox, so maybe every public-inbox will have a code
> > > branch attached to it with the source+docs bundled.
> >
> > It'd be nice if it had a prominent list of all lists available; as far
> > as I can tell, the main page has no link to /git/.
>
> I'm not sure that's necessary; most of the traffic seems to come
> from /git/MESSAGE_ID/ links posted by others.  So it's
> probably more inside-out exposure than anything.

If someone hears about public-inbox, it's nice to know what other lists
they can use it for.

> As for other projects, I'm not aware of anybody else using it,
> yet.  I have some small projects using it, but most of those are
> one-off throwaways and I'm not comfortable promoting those along
> with public-inbox.  I admit: I'm not comfortable promoting
> anything I do, really.

Please take this as encouragement to do so.  I'd love to see the
public-inbox equivalent to the main page of https://lists.debian.org/ ,
as an example.  (And I'd love to have public-inbox archives of Debian
mailing lists.)