On Sun, Oct 26, 2014 at 10:57:40PM +0000, Eric Wong wrote: > 1) "notmuch insert" (Xapian index + Maildir delivery) > 2) remove from Maildir immediately (keep message in ssoma) > > > > 3) a message is decided to be spam after human review, > use ssoma-rm (via public-inbox-learn) to remove it > from current history. > > But notmuch/Xapian still knows about the message. > > "notmuch new" does not work here because the Maildir is > maintained in a constantly empty state. That sounds like a reasonable use case for me. I'll work up notmuch patches for: $ notmuch insert --index-only so you can skip step 2, and a new: $ notmuch remove that removes a message (read from stdin) from the index. > I wonder if it is better for public-inbox/ssoma to use (the already > available) Xapian Perl bindings directly; likely using the notmuch > configuration of Xapian as a guide. I'm not going to stand in your way, but 98% of what you need is already in notmuch. I'd suggest seeing how long it takes me to write those patches, and how well they are received upstream, before dropping notmuch. Cheers, Trevor -- This email may be signed or encrypted with GnuPG (http://www.gnupg.org). For more information, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pretty_Good_Privacy