Caleb Herbert wrote: > On 09/20/2019 08:11 AM, Dmitry Alexandrov wrote: >> I’m deeply afraid, that joining FSF out of support _now_ will be understood the other way round — as a sign of support of Dr. Stallman’s dismissal. > > Stallman told me I can best help by becoming a member I fully know, that RMS is not an egoistic person and is more concerned for a future of his child (how he used to call a free software movement) rather than of his own. But that fact does not amend what I’ve said: growth of FSF member number will be interpreted by media as a sign of support of his dismissal. > and being diligent about making sure they continue to do what they did when Stallman was still there. Cf. my another letter .