* UPS tracking
@ 2019-04-13  3:22 Cal
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Cal @ 2019-04-13  3:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libreplanet-discuss

How does one track a UPS package without running proprietary software on
one's own computer?

* Re: UPS tracking
@ 2019-04-13  3:44 ` Michael Downey
From: Michael Downey @ 2019-04-13  3:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libreplanet-discuss

You can call into their main phone IVR system for tracking. Say "Tracking," then say your tracking number and listen for instructions.

Michael

* Re: UPS tracking
@ 2019-04-13  4:30 ` J.B. Nicholson
From: J.B. Nicholson @ 2019-04-13  4:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libreplanet-discuss

Cal wrote:
> How does one track a UPS package without running proprietary software
> on one's own computer?

Have you tried a URL like:

http://wwwapps.ups.com/tracking/tracking.cgi?inquiry1=TRACKINGNUMBER&type1=1

where you replace the phrase TRACKINGNUMBER with your tracking number?

If you get the tracking number wrong you can type/paste in the tracking
number in the form and press return. I don't know if the page you're
directed to requires Javascript.

I would have tested this myself before asking the above question but I
don't have a valid UPS tracking number to test.

* Re: UPS tracking
@ 2019-04-13 16:05 ` Kip Warner
From: Kip Warner @ 2019-04-13 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cal; +Cc: libreplanet-discuss

On Fri, 2019-04-12 at 22:22 -0500, Cal wrote:
> How does one track a UPS package without running proprietary software
> on one's own computer?

Try Parcel Tracker by Torkvemada. Here is a PPA if you are running
Ubuntu:

   https://launchpad.net/~torkvemada/+archive/ubuntu/torkvemada

--
Kip Warner | Senior Software Engineer
OpenPGP signed/encrypted mail preferred

* Re: UPS tracking
@ 2019-04-14 13:36   ` John Sullivan
From: John Sullivan @ 2019-04-14 13:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libreplanet-discuss

These are great tips, has/can someone put them on the libreplanet.org
wiki under the JavaScript area?

-john

"J.B. Nicholson" <jbn@forestfield.org> writes:

> Cal wrote:
>> How does one track a UPS package without running proprietary software
>> on one's own computer?
>
> Have you tried a URL like:
>
> http://wwwapps.ups.com/tracking/tracking.cgi?inquiry1=TRACKINGNUMBER&type1=1
>
> where you replace the phrase TRACKINGNUMBER with your tracking number?
>
> If you get the tracking number wrong you can type/paste in the
> tracking number in the form and press return. I don't know if the page
> you're directed to requires Javascript.
>
> I would have tested this myself before asking the above question but I
> don't have a valid UPS tracking number to test.

GPG Key: A462 6CBA FF37 6039 D2D7 5544 97BA 9CE7 61A0 963B
https://status.fsf.org/johns | https://fsf.org/blogs/RSS

<https://my.fsf.org/join>.