* All "Freedom to share" videos released | New playlist on PeerTube
@ 2023-01-10 20:57 Devin Ulibarri
From: Devin Ulibarri @ 2023-01-10 20:57 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: libreplanet-discuss

Hi all,

As described in our [IDAD announcement][1] last month, we finished
publishing our interviews from folks off the streets about their
thoughts on "digital sharing." There's now a playlist on PeerTube to
view them all: https://framatube.org/c/idad_2022/video-playlists

We learned a lot, captured some "aha moments" from interviewees, and
overall enjoyed exercising the freedom to share. Hope you enjoy, and
please let us know your thoughts!

If anyone subscribed to this list would like to do a similar thing, we
published our interview prompts on the LibrePlanet wiki as well:
https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:Defective_by_Design/Day_Against_DRM_2022
You are encouraged to try for yourself!

(Since I expect people to ask:) Tech-wise, basically all I used was a
mic (Sony ECM959A) that connected via 2.5mm directly into my X200 and
recorded with Audacity, which I also used to clean the sound up using
its "denoiser" tool. I used the latest version of Kdenlive, which works
AMAZINGLY well nowadays, for video editing. The OS I used was Trisquel.

This video was created as part of our winter membership drive themed
"Freedom to share." Read more about this campaign at
https://www.fsf.org/appeal/2022-fall/defend-the-freedom-to-share

Cheers!
Devin U.

[1]:
https://www.fsf.org/blogs/community/idad-2022-celebrating-the-freedom-to-share-with-a-new-advocacy-video

--
Devin Ulibarri // Outreach & Communications Coordinator
Free Software Foundation

Join the FSF and help us defend software freedom: https://my.fsf.org/

US government employee? Use CFC charity code 63210 to support us through
the Combined Federal Campaign. https://cfcgiving.opm.gov/

GPG Key: 2E0E CE75 F816 2B40 7D66 6767 8797 38E6 D644 0D57
What's GPG? See https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org/ for more info.

* Re: All "Freedom to share" videos released | New playlist on PeerTube
@ 2023-01-10 23:08 ` isf
From: isf @ 2023-01-10 23:08 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: libreplanet-discuss

El 10/1/2023 a las 17:57, Devin Ulibarri escribió:
> Hi all,
>
> As described in our [IDAD announcement][1] last month, we finished
> publishing our interviews from folks off the streets about their
> thoughts on "digital sharing." There's now a playlist on PeerTube to
> view them all: https://framatube.org/c/idad_2022/video-playlists
>
> We learned a lot, captured some "aha moments" from interviewees, and
> overall enjoyed exercising the freedom to share. Hope you enjoy, and
> please let us know your thoughts!

That look like a really good experience and a good oportunity to speak
with others about free software! Could you speak with them about free
software, they show them interesting in FSF, LibrePlanet or maybe move
to the GNU?

> If anyone subscribed to this list would like to do a similar thing, we
> published our interview prompts on the LibrePlanet wiki as well:
> https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:Defective_by_Design/Day_Against_DRM_2022
> You are encouraged to try for yourself!

I really want to replicate your example here in Chile, maybe soon!

Your friend,
isf.

--
Distribuidor de software libre, organizador de LibrePlanet Temuco y
miembro de la Free Software Foundation.

Visita mi sitio web: https://isf.neocities.org/

Por favor no me envíe documentos de Microsoft Office/Apple iWorks. ¡En
su lugar envíelos en OpenDocument! http://fsf.org/campaigns/opendocument/

Sin cifrado los contenidos del mensaje quedan expuestos fácilmente a su
proveedor de correo y a la vigilancia masiva. Haz tu parte, cifra y
descifra correos electrónicos con GnuPG:
https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org/es/infographic.html

* Re: All "Freedom to share" videos released | New playlist on PeerTube
@ 2023-01-11 13:38   ` Devin Ulibarri
From: Devin Ulibarri @ 2023-01-11 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: isf, libreplanet-discuss

Hi,

isf@member.fsf.org:

> That look like a really good experience and a good oportunity to speak
> with others about free software! Could you speak with them about free
> software, they show them interesting in FSF, LibrePlanet or maybe move
> to the GNU?

Yes, a little, but since we were asking them for only "five minutes of
their time," we put together kits with a [few handouts][1], our business
cards, and stickers, which we gave to them so that they could read more
about free software after the encounter (and maybe even share with a few
others).

[1]:
* One of the handouts was basically a printout of
https://www.defectivebydesign.org/blog/idad_coming_soon_stand_us_support_freedom_share_december_16
* Another was: https://www.fsf.org/resources/resources/what-is-fs, which
is in a few different languages
* Another was a (somewhat old, but still relevant) printout of
https://www.fsf.org/givingguide/

>> If anyone subscribed to this list would like to do a similar thing, we
>> published our interview prompts on the LibrePlanet wiki as well:
>> https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:Defective_by_Design/Day_Against_DRM_2022
>>
>> You are encouraged to try for yourself!
>
> I really want to replicate your example here in Chile, maybe soon!

If you do, please let us know about it.

Thanks,
Devin