FSFE is doing a relevant stream today about gaming to celebrate I <3 Free Software day. """ Only [less than one hour] left till our #ilovefs gaming event begins! Learn about #FreeSoftware games, engines, Wild Jams, and play Veloren with our community. We are looking forward to seeing you all there! Remember that you can stream the event as well: https://stream.fsfe.org/ """ https://mastodon.social/@fsfe/107796971271375507 Best, Michael McMahon | Web Developer, Free Software Foundation GPG Key: 4337 2794 C8AD D5CA 8FCF FA6C D037 59DA B600 E3C0 https://fsf.org US government employee? Use CFC charity code 63210 to support us through the Combined Federal Campaign. https://cfcgiving.opm.gov/ On 1/19/22 10:12 PM, Sebastian Silva wrote: > Once upon a time, FSF, Mozilla, and OpenGameArt and Creative Commons, > actually raised funds for a two-part project:Liberated Pixel Cup. > > I thought the discourse and organization around it was quite nice. > Perhaps an annual event of the sort would be quite motivating for > aspiring coders, and some not so aspiring, especially with cash prizes > and shared assets, just a humble opinion. > -- > Sebastian Silva > > > > El mié, 19 ene 2022 a las 8:24, Ismael Luceno ( >) escribió: > > On 18/Jan/2022 18:03, Dennis Payne wrote: > > You did ask an actual indie game developer. I chose "We" in my > > statement because I was including myself in the group of game > > developers. I recently made Anagramarama available for sale on > itch.io > > to gain funds for free software game development. I also have a > > merchandise shop where I've started trying to make money for free > > software game development. > > > > If you want commercial closed source game developers, I've done that > > two. I worked on the game Devil's Whiskey. I enjoyed the experience > > and made money from it but don't particular enjoy closed source > > development so I haven't done it since. > <...> > > I meant, to make a large representative sample. > > I wish everyone was of your opinion, but I've been hearing otherwise > from the majority of people I talked with; geography, environment, > economy, and other factors might play a role in which groups are > louder and/or larger. > > It would be important to understand who they are, their positions, > and what might prevent their games from being free software. > _______________________________________________ > Discusion mailing list > Discusion@fsfla.org > http://www.fsfla.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/discusion > >