* Re: FSF, consent and rape (was: were you censored too?)
       [not found]   ` <f6ace165-8d5c-e0b6-2c2e-956c0f441e96@pocock.pro>
@ 2019-10-08 22:45     ` Aaron Wolf
From: Aaron Wolf @ 2019-10-08 22:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libreplanet-discuss, daniel

I don't see enough evidence to support even considering this
interpretation of John Sullivan. The post included offensive language as
well. It makes perfect sense for it to have been blocked. Accusations
like this require far more evidence than this sort of scapegoating
speculation.

This sort of ad hominem from RMS' critics is what defenders of RMS are
objecting to. It doesn't serve RMS or his causes well to promote such
nonsense witch-hunt against John.

On 2019-10-08 3:34 p.m., Daniel Pocock wrote:

> It looks like your reply was censored, people are not receiving every
> reply through the list and it doesn't appear in the archives:
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/libreplanet-discuss/2019-10/index.html
>
> I put some notes here to help people work around the menace of censorship:
>
> Free as in speech.
>

> On 08/10/2019 20:30, Brigham Henry Keys wrote:
>> It is clear as day to the entire community that Sullivan betrayed the
>> trust RMS had in him, and stabbed him in the back. If it were not for
>> RMS's Asperger's perhaps he would have seen this coming, we all sure
>> did. Sullivan has declared himself dictator and it is everyone's duty to
>> oppose him in every way we can.
>>
>> Do not forget that Sullivan pretends to protect trannies to aggrandize
>> himself, then turns around and fires them from the FSF offices as soon
>> as they bravely attack one of his cronies. It is his removal we should
>> be calling for, not the removal of RMS. He contributes absolutely
>> nothing to the world of free software, and is a card carrying member of
>> the dark triad https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_triad
>>
>> Sullivan should immediately lays down his command, or we should declare
>> him a public enemy of the free software community, after which time it
>> will the duty and obligation of every patriot to do him harm, or to
>> remove him from his post if they are able. (this is no call for violence
>> against Sullivan, merely that anyone under him in should not carry out
>> his tyrannical wishes).

>>> When John Sullivan used the word /consent/ recently, it raised more
>>> questions then it answered.
>>>
>>> When you participated in discussion here, you consented to discussion
>>> about free software.  The technical means to continue that discussion
>>> are secondary to that.
>>>
>>> If somebody used the official mailing list to promote their non-free
>>> product, that would be spam.  If somebody uses an emergency list to work
>>> around the menace of censorship and raise issues legitimately related to
>>> free software governance, that is not spam.  It is the purpose, not the
>>> technical mechanism, that is most critical.
>>>
>>> When Sullivan decides "we are now having to review posts before they are
>>> distributed", he is saying that some posts will be hidden.  Hiding some
>>> posts deceives the community.  Fake community[1] syndrome at FSF.  Did
>>> every member of the mailing list /consent/ to being systematically deceived?
>>>
>>> When somebody misquotes me, RMS or any other volunteer, going so far as
>>> to use the word "murder", something I never wrote myself, they are using
>>> our names /without consent/.  When somebody in a position of authority
>>> repeatedly does something /non-consensual/ with a volunteer's name, that
>>> is a form of abuse.
>>>
>>> When John Sullivan uses his position to censor people from replying
>>> through the list and correcting what is misquoted, it is worse, it is
>>> like a rapist who uses blackmail or some other coercive means to stop
> [...]

only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-10-08 22:46 UTC | newest]