* purism why does fsf and libreboot embrace a misleading company?
@ 2020-03-11 19:10 a via libreplanet-discuss
                   ` (4 more replies)
From: a via libreplanet-discuss @ 2020-03-11 19:10 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: libreplanet-discuss

This post is directed at officials from libreplanet
and fsf.

I wrote this post on trisquel's forum.
https://paste.nolsen.xyz/?98e7462461e8a46c#8YchW86Fn3UvkxdHbfN74cVVoYkFqCGWCx2tWVX5uvZJ

[-- Attachment #2: pEpkey.asc --]

* Re: purism why does fsf and libreboot embrace a misleading company?
@ 2020-03-11 21:05 ` Félicien Pillot
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Félicien Pillot @ 2020-03-11 21:05 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: a via libreplanet-discuss; +Cc: a

Hi "a",

On Wed, 11 Mar 2020 20:10:09 +0100
a via libreplanet-discuss <libreplanet-discuss@libreplanet.org> wrote:

> This post is directed at officials from libreplanet
> and fsf.
>
> I wrote this post on trisquel's forum.
> https://paste.nolsen.xyz/?98e7462461e8a46c#8YchW86Fn3UvkxdHbfN74cVVoYkFqCGWCx2tWVX5uvZJ

If I understand correctly...

First, you criticise Purism for saying that soon they would be supported
by the FSF.
Then, you criticise the FSF for having supported Purism soon after that.

What's wrong??

PS: Why don't you copy-paste that text in your message?
--
Félicien Pillot
2C7C ACC0 FBDB ADBA E7BC  50D9 043C D143 6C87 9372

* Re: purism why does fsf and libreboot embrace a misleading company?
       [not found] ` <00d09030-14eb-0773-8bb3-54557d3ceb4a@riseup.net>
@ 2020-03-11 21:33   ` a via libreplanet-discuss
From: a via libreplanet-discuss @ 2020-03-11 21:33 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: libreplanet-discuss

My post is about getting official comments from
libreplanet and fsf. Of course anybody can
reply, but I already know how people attempt
to defend purism's behavior.

On 3/11/20 8:48 PM, Aaron Wolf wrote:
> If I understand you correctly, you believe: Purism marketing talks about
> software freedom and the goal of RYF 100% free hardware, but they don't
> deliver to that level, and they minimize or hide the details. You worry
> that people buy Purism products believing they are getting more complete
> freedom than they actually receive. You doubt Purism's good faith, and
> because you feel FSF should be skeptical rather than gracious about
> these concerns, FSF is making a mistake by giving Purism a platform or
> acknowledgment (at least without some explicit qualifiers from FSF about
> these concerns). Is that right?

Correct.

> I agree with you that marketing claims should not mislead people about
> the facts of products. Stating a goal of reaching some standard is not
> the same as already being there, and the difference should be plain and
> transparent.

Correct.

> I don't find your jump to speculating about bad faith at all warranted.
> There's no evidence that FSF is corrupted in any way around this. And
> there's inadequate (though perhaps non-zero) evidence that Purism has
> any bad faith.

https://trisquel.info/en/forum/librem13-fully-free-time

educate yourself.

About purism they claimed about their notebooks that
there was a real possibility that intel would publish
the software in question. Everybody in the field
know, intel does not publish such
pieces of source software.

purism claimed reverse engineering was an option. The
software in question is signed. Name a cryptographer who will
agree, that breaking the cryptography is an option?

As I said, one email to libreboot would have been enough.
Also after people told purism that their claims were
unfounded, purism did not rectify their websites.

It is swindle if you deceive people in order to gain
money.

About fsf.
fsf is known to be strict and harsh in matters of free
software. It is a mystery why fsf has acted that amateurishly
about purism. That is why I ask, has fsf received money
or hardware from purism? Are there people who at the
same time represent both fsf and purism?

> In general, you're more likely to learn and also to get others to listen
> when you express concerns from a position of genuine curiosity without
> hints of accusations and other attacks.

You do realize I have stated arguments? You have not. A
pattern I have noticed from other defenders of purism.

fsf has been informed by me and maybe others, how
purism has acted. It makes fsf an accessory in
purism's fraud. fsf failure on this matter results in loss of
credibility among those who are able to look behind
purism's deceptions.

> It can also help to try to create a *strong-man* argument. Generate the
> strongest argument you can for a defense of Purism and FSF, and then see
> if that holds up to scrutiny. That's much more insightful than
> generating weak or straw-man arguments or speculative suspicions.

Start rebut my arguments.

[-- Attachment #2: pEpkey.asc --]

* Re: purism why does fsf and libreboot embrace a misleading company?
@ 2020-03-11 21:58   ` a via libreplanet-discuss
                       ` (2 more replies)
From: a via libreplanet-discuss @ 2020-03-11 21:58 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: libreplanet-discuss

> If I understand correctly...
>
> First, you criticise Purism for saying that soon they would be supported
> by the FSF.
> Then, you criticise the FSF for having supported Purism soon after that.
>
> What's wrong??

I am criticizing purism for fraudulent behavior. I say purism
is using fsf in purism's deceptions. The major question
is why fsf has let it
take place?

> PS: Why don't you copy-paste that text in your message?

The link makes my post more compact. And a link is
easier to share.

[-- Attachment #2: pEpkey.asc --]

* Re: purism why does fsf and libreboot embrace a misleading company?
@ 2020-03-11 22:10 ` Lori Nagel via libreplanet-discuss
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Lori Nagel via libreplanet-discuss @ 2020-03-11 22:10 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: libreplanet-discuss

 I'm not really sure how Purism is any worse than companies like Think Penguin, or than the machines are any less freedom respecting than anything else that can run a FSF endorsed distro and coreboot.  Even some new system76 machines are running coreboot now from what I understand.  I understand it is hard to find hardware that gets a RYF certification because of some stuff with intel, but I understand this is not necessarily an issue with every chip, just most desktops and laptops. (with the exception of some old ones such as the refurbished ThinkPads like the t400)

    On Wednesday, March 11, 2020, 3:12:10 PM EDT, a via libreplanet-discuss <libreplanet-discuss@libreplanet.org> wrote:

[...]

   [1]https://paste.nolsen.xyz/?98e7462461e8a46c#8YchW86Fn3UvkxdHbfN74cVVo
   YkFqCGWCx2tWVX5uvZJ

References

   1. https://paste.nolsen.xyz/?98e7462461e8a46c#8YchW86Fn3UvkxdHbfN74cVVoYkFqCGWCx2tWVX5uvZJ
   2. mailto:libreplanet-discuss@libreplanet.org

* Re: purism why does fsf and libreboot embrace a misleading company?
@ 2020-03-11 22:30   ` Hector Espinoza
From: Hector Espinoza @ 2020-03-11 22:30 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Lori Nagel; +Cc: libreplanet-discuss

In my opinion moving in one step from all closed source to all open source
freedom respecting is very hard or practically impossible. I am happy
people are doing steps towards all open source and no hidden stuff. One
valid step is modern hardware running open source Operating System out of
the box. Another valid step is adding open source freedom respecting bios
(i.e. libreboot) to that. Another valid step is ... Let us not forget the
goal and keep doing steps. Small or big. All is welcome for the benefit of
mankind.

Cheers,

Héctor Espinoza

        <[2]libreplanet-discuss@libreplanet.org> wrote:
        This post is directed at officials from libreplanet
        and fsf.
        I wrote this post on trisquel's forum.

     [1][3]https://paste.nolsen.xyz/?98e7462461e8a46c#8YchW86Fn3UvkxdHbfN
     74cVVo
        YkFqCGWCx2tWVX5uvZJ
     cuss
     References
        1.
     [6]https://paste.nolsen.xyz/?98e7462461e8a46c#8YchW86Fn3UvkxdHbfN74c
     VVoYkFqCGWCx2tWVX5uvZJ
        2. mailto:[7]libreplanet-discuss@libreplanet.org
        3.
     ss

References

   1. mailto:libreplanet-discuss@libreplanet.org
   2. mailto:libreplanet-discuss@libreplanet.org
   3. https://paste.nolsen.xyz/?98e7462461e8a46c#8YchW86Fn3UvkxdHbfN74cVVo
   4. mailto:libreplanet-discuss@libreplanet.org
   6. https://paste.nolsen.xyz/?98e7462461e8a46c#8YchW86Fn3UvkxdHbfN74cVVoYkFqCGWCx2tWVX5uvZJ
   7. mailto:libreplanet-discuss@libreplanet.org
   9. mailto:libreplanet-discuss@libreplanet.org

* Re: purism why does fsf and libreboot embrace a misleading company?
@ 2020-03-12  4:25     ` Aaron Wolf
From: Aaron Wolf @ 2020-03-12  4:25 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: libreplanet-discuss, a

On 2020-03-11 14:33, a via libreplanet-discuss wrote:
> [...]
> same time represent both fsf and purism?
>
>> In general, you're more likely to learn and also to get others to listen
>> when you express concerns from a position of genuine curiosity without
>> hints of accusations and other attacks.
>

> You do realize I have stated arguments? You have not. A
> pattern I have noticed from other defenders of purism.
>
> fsf has been informed by me and maybe others, how
> purism has acted. It makes fsf an accessory in
> purism's fraud. fsf failure on this matter results in loss of
> credibility among those who are able to look behind
> purism's deceptions.
>

>> It can also help to try to create a *strong-man* argument. Generate the
>> strongest argument you can for a defense of Purism and FSF, and then see
>> if that holds up to scrutiny. That's much more insightful than
>> generating weak or straw-man arguments or speculative suspicions.

I made no arguments because I don't have a position on this, I don't
know that you are are, and I wasn't defending Purism.

What I did was demonstrate a more effective way of communicating by
verifying if I understood, describing where I agree, and offering
feedback. All I'm saying is that you are inherently likely to be read
dismissively with the style of posting you used. Style has no relation
to accuracy. Someone can have effective style and be wrong or have lousy
style and be right. But people won't listen to badly-communicated ideas
that are still right.

To avoid dismissal by others, I suggest you state the clear facts
distinctly from the accusations and stories. You already did better in
your reply to me. But for further clarification, something like this:

"Purism claimed working toward X, but X is effectively impossible.
The suspicion I have is that they are not acting in good faith.
FSF let them present at LibrePlanet. The story in my mind is: FSF should
have independently recognized the concerns I have and not trust Purism
to be acting in good faith."

I don't know if your suspicions are valid or not. All I know is that the
type of animosity I've seen toward Purism has resulted in posts
attacking them with language that assumes bad faith rather than posts
that lead me to share that conclusion. There's a spectrum from misguided
good faith to all-out bad faith. I don't have enough evidence to convict
Purism of bad faith, even though I can accept the criticism of some of
their marketing.

* Re: purism why does fsf and libreboot embrace a misleading company?
@ 2020-03-12  5:43 ` Mike Gerwitz
       [not found] ` <00d09030-14eb-0773-8bb3-54557d3ceb4a@riseup.net>
       [not found] ` <CAP97cdbS3BB2YQBZyBBDB3nOMZ9LrDsACq4LUWwrzB3sENmB-Q@mail.gmail.com>
From: Mike Gerwitz @ 2020-03-12  5:43 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: a via libreplanet-discuss; +Cc: a

On Wed, Mar 11, 2020 at 20:10:09 +0100, a via libreplanet-discuss wrote:
> This post is directed at officials from libreplanet
> and fsf.
>
> I wrote this post on trisquel's forum.
> https://paste.nolsen.xyz/?98e7462461e8a46c#8YchW86Fn3UvkxdHbfN74cVVoYkFqCGWCx2tWVX5uvZJ

Would you mind pasting the text of your message on this list?  I get
this when I visit the site, and I do not intend to enable JS:

   JavaScript is required for Such PrivateBin to work. Sorry for the
   inconvenience.

Pasting will also allow people to quote inline and respond to specific points.

--
Mike Gerwitz
Free Software Hacker+Activist | GNU Maintainer & Volunteer

[-- Attachment #1.2: signature.asc --]

* Re: purism why does fsf and libreboot embrace a misleading company?
@ 2020-03-12  6:33   ` a via libreplanet-discuss
From: a via libreplanet-discuss @ 2020-03-12  6:33 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: libreplanet-discuss

I got aware, I have made a big mistake. The subject
should have said
purism why does fsf and libreplanet embrace
misleading company?

I will restart my post having the correct subject
and a couple of adjustments in the text.
People can then resend their responses to the
new post.

Can they posts I wrote having the wrong
subject get deleted?

> Would you mind pasting the text of your message on this list?  I get
> this when I visit the site, and I do not intend to enable JS:

I did not think of this. To my knowledge the paste bin runs
free js. I will display the text.

@ 2020-03-12  9:55     ` Federico Leva (Nemo)
From: Federico Leva (Nemo) @ 2020-03-12  9:55 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: a, libreplanet-discuss

a via libreplanet-discuss, 11/03/20 23:58:
> And a link is
> easier to share.

This mailing list has a public archive which you can link just fine and
doesn't require JavaScript to be read:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/libreplanet-discuss/2020-03/msg00033.html

So, no, your external text is not easier to share than an actual message
to this mailing list.

Federico

* Re: purism why does fsf and libreboot embrace a misleading company?
@ 2020-03-12 20:56   ` Federico Leva (Nemo)
From: Federico Leva (Nemo) @ 2020-03-12 20:56 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Félicien Pillot, a via libreplanet-discuss; +Cc: a

Félicien Pillot, 11/03/20 23:05:
> What's wrong??

ninhar has raised such topics earlier in the Replicant mailing list, see
for instance:
https://lists.osuosl.org/pipermail/replicant/2019-November/002268.html

"Report from 36C3" is AFAICT the best summary of the status of play as
we know it.
https://lists.osuosl.org/pipermail/replicant/2020-January/002441.html

If the proposal is to ban from LibrePlanet all companies and products
which are not RYF certified, I doubt that's advisable.

Federico

* purism why does fsf and libreplanet embrace a misleading company?
       [not found] ` <00d09030-14eb-0773-8bb3-54557d3ceb4a@riseup.net>
@ 2020-03-14 10:00   ` a via libreplanet-discuss
From: a via libreplanet-discuss @ 2020-03-14 10:00 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: libreplanet-discuss

@ 2020-03-14 10:01   ` a via libreplanet-discuss
From: a via libreplanet-discuss @ 2020-03-14 10:01 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: libreplanet-discuss

On 3/11/20 9:11 PM, Stanisława Pałętka wrote:
> W dniu środa, 11 marca 2020 a via libreplanet-discuss <
> libreplanet-discuss@libreplanet.org> napisał(a):
>
>> This post is directed at officials from libreplanet
>> and fsf.
>>
>> I wrote this post on trisquel's forum.
>> https://paste.nolsen.xyz/?98e7462461e8a46c#8YchW86Fn3UvkxdHbfN74cVVoYkFqC
>> GWCx2tWVX5uvZJ

[-- Attachment #2: pEpkey.asc --]

@ 2020-03-14 10:02   ` a via libreplanet-discuss
From: a via libreplanet-discuss @ 2020-03-14 10:02 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: libreplanet-discuss

On 3/11/20 9:11 PM, Stanisława Pałętka wrote:
> W dniu środa, 11 marca 2020 a via libreplanet-discuss <
> libreplanet-discuss@libreplanet.org> napisał(a):
>
>> This post is directed at officials from libreplanet
>> and fsf.
>>
>> I wrote this post on trisquel's forum.
>> https://paste.nolsen.xyz/?98e7462461e8a46c#8YchW86Fn3UvkxdHbfN74cVVoYkFqC
>> GWCx2tWVX5uvZJ

[-- Attachment #2: pEpkey.asc --]

* purism why does fsf and libreplanet embrace a misleading company?
@ 2020-03-14 10:03     ` a via libreplanet-discuss
From: a via libreplanet-discuss @ 2020-03-14 10:03 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: libreplanet-discuss

On 3/11/20 10:33 PM, a via libreplanet-discuss wrote:
> [...]
> same time represent both fsf and purism?
>
>> In general, you're more likely to learn and also to get others to listen
>> when you express concerns from a position of genuine curiosity without
>> hints of accusations and other attacks.
>
> You do realize I have stated arguments? You have not. A
> pattern I have noticed from other defenders of purism.
>
> fsf has been informed by me and maybe others, how
> purism has acted. It makes fsf an accessory in
> purism's fraud. fsf failure on this matter results in loss of
> credibility among those who are able to look behind
> purism's deceptions.
>

>> It can also help to try to create a *strong-man* argument. Generate the
>> strongest argument you can for a defense of Purism and FSF, and then see
>> if that holds up to scrutiny. That's much more insightful than
>> generating weak or straw-man arguments or speculative suspicions.

[-- Attachment #2: pEpkey.asc --]

* purism why does fsf and libreplanet embrace a misleading company?
@ 2020-03-14 10:04     ` a via libreplanet-discuss
From: a via libreplanet-discuss @ 2020-03-14 10:04 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: libreplanet-discuss

On 3/11/20 10:58 PM, a via libreplanet-discuss wrote:
>> If I understand correctly...
>>
>> First, you criticise Purism for saying that soon they would be supported
>> by the FSF.
>> Then, you criticise the FSF for having supported Purism soon after that.
>>
>> What's wrong??
>
> I am criticizing purism for fraudulent behavior. I say purism
> is using fsf in purism's deceptions. The major question
> is why fsf has let it
> take place?
>
>> PS: Why don't you copy-paste that text in your message?
>>

> The link makes my post more compact. And a link is
> easier to share.

[-- Attachment #2: pEpkey.asc --]

From: a via libreplanet-discuss @ 2020-03-14 10:04 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: libreplanet-discuss

@ 2020-03-14 10:05     ` a via libreplanet-discuss
From: a via libreplanet-discuss @ 2020-03-14 10:05 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: libreplanet-discuss

@ 2020-03-14 10:06       ` a via libreplanet-discuss
From: a via libreplanet-discuss @ 2020-03-14 10:06 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: libreplanet-discuss

On 3/12/20 5:25 AM, Aaron Wolf wrote:
> [...]
> distinctly from the accusations and stories. You already did better in
> your reply to me. But for further clarification, something like this:
>
> "Purism claimed working toward X, but X is effectively impossible.
> The suspicion I have is that they are not acting in good faith.
> FSF let them present at LibrePlanet. The story in my mind is: FSF should
> have independently recognized the concerns I have and not trust Purism
> to be acting in good faith."
>
> I don't know if your suspicions are valid or not. All I know is that the
> type of animosity I've seen toward Purism has resulted in posts
> attacking them with language that assumes bad faith rather than posts
> that lead me to share that conclusion. There's a spectrum from misguided
> good faith to all-out bad faith. I don't have enough evidence to convict
> Purism of bad faith, even though I can accept the criticism of some of

[-- Attachment #2: pEpkey.asc --]

* purism why does fsf and libreplanet embrace a misleading company?
@ 2020-03-14 10:07       ` a via libreplanet-discuss
From: a via libreplanet-discuss @ 2020-03-14 10:07 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: libreplanet-discuss

> [...]
> distinctly from the accusations and stories. You already did better in
> your reply to me. But for further clarification, something like this:
>
> "Purism claimed working toward X, but X is effectively impossible.
> The suspicion I have is that they are not acting in good faith.
> FSF let them present at LibrePlanet. The story in my mind is: FSF should
> have independently recognized the concerns I have and not trust Purism
> to be acting in good faith."
>
> I don't know if your suspicions are valid or not. All I know is that the
> type of animosity I've seen toward Purism has resulted in posts
> attacking them with language that assumes bad faith rather than posts
> that lead me to share that conclusion. There's a spectrum from misguided
> good faith to all-out bad faith. I don't have enough evidence to convict
> Purism of bad faith, even though I can accept the criticism of some of

[-- Attachment #2: pEpkey.asc --]

* purism why does fsf and libreplanet embrace a misleading company?
@ 2020-03-14 10:08   ` a via libreplanet-discuss
From: a via libreplanet-discuss @ 2020-03-14 10:08 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: libreplanet-discuss

@ 2020-03-14 10:09     ` a via libreplanet-discuss
From: a via libreplanet-discuss @ 2020-03-14 10:09 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: libreplanet-discuss

On 3/12/20 9:56 PM, Federico Leva (Nemo) wrote:
> Félicien Pillot, 11/03/20 23:05:
>> What's wrong??
>
> ninhar has raised such topics earlier in the Replicant mailing list,
> see for instance:
> https://lists.osuosl.org/pipermail/replicant/2019-November/002268.html
>
> "Report from 36C3" is AFAICT the best summary of the status of play as
> we know it.
> https://lists.osuosl.org/pipermail/replicant/2020-January/002441.html
>
> If the proposal is to ban from LibrePlanet all companies and products
> which are not RYF certified, I doubt that's advisable.
>
> Federico

[-- Attachment #2: pEpkey.asc --]

* Re: purism why does fsf and libreplanet embrace a misleading company?
@ 2020-03-15 13:59     ` a via libreplanet-discuss
From: a via libreplanet-discuss @ 2020-03-15 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: libreplanet-discuss

On 3/14/20 11:04 AM, a via libreplanet-discuss wrote:
> On 3/11/20 11:10 PM, Lori Nagel via libreplanet-discuss wrote:
>>    I'm not really sure how Purism is any worse than companies like Think
>>    Penguin, or than the machines are any less freedom respecting

No. You are not. Purism is worse because
they have lied about which level in terms of free software buyers
could expect purism products to achieve.

You are insulting thinkpenguin by your statement. There
are no reports of thinkpenguin having lied about how free software
thinkpenguin products are.

@ 2020-03-15 14:04       ` a via libreplanet-discuss
From: a via libreplanet-discuss @ 2020-03-15 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: libreplanet-discuss

>>    In my opinion moving in one step from all closed source to all open
>>    source freedom respecting is very hard or practically impossible. I am
>>    happy people are doing steps towards all open source and no hidden
>>    stuff. One valid step is modern hardware running open source Operating
>>    System out of the box. Another valid step is adding open source freedom
>>    respecting bios (i.e. libreboot) to that. Another valid step is ... Let
>>    us not forget the goal and keep doing steps. Small or big. All is
>>    welcome for the benefit of mankind.

You are mixing things up. purism can make what products they
want. What they cannot do is lie about the properties
of their products. Do not tell people respect your freedom
certification is an option, when it is not. And at every given
opportunity, people should get to know, purism has
a track record of lying.

@ 2020-03-15 14:11       ` a via libreplanet-discuss
From: a via libreplanet-discuss @ 2020-03-15 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: libreplanet-discuss

On 3/14/20 11:09 AM, a via libreplanet-discuss wrote:
> On 3/12/20 9:56 PM, Federico Leva (Nemo) wrote:
>> Félicien Pillot, 11/03/20 23:05:
>>> What's wrong??
>> ninhar has raised such topics earlier in the Replicant mailing list,
>> see for instance:
>> https://lists.osuosl.org/pipermail/replicant/2019-November/002268.html

I always tell people.
you should too.

>> "Report from 36C3" is AFAICT the best summary of the status of play as
>> we know it.
>> https://lists.osuosl.org/pipermail/replicant/2020-January/002441.html
>>
>> If the proposal is to ban from LibrePlanet all companies and products
>> which are not RYF certified, I doubt that's advisable.

It is not. It it about not giving a lying company an
option to speak unchallenged. If steps would be
taken such that purism would be confronted with their
history of lies then I have no objection about purism
giving a talk.

@ 2020-03-15 16:28         ` Hector Espinoza
From: Hector Espinoza @ 2020-03-15 16:28 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: a; +Cc: libreplanet-discuss

I agree about liying or misleading. Without ethics nothing works. I am
talking in general not specific case.

El dom., 15 de mar. de 2020, 09:15, a via libreplanet-discuss <

@ 2020-03-15 19:47           ` a via libreplanet-discuss
From: a via libreplanet-discuss @ 2020-03-15 19:47 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: libreplanet-discuss

> I agree about liying or misleading. Without ethics nothing works. I am
> talking in general not specific case.

It is shameless how purism
has deceived people.

@ 2020-03-16  8:49     ` Jean Louis
From: Jean Louis @ 2020-03-16  8:49 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: a; +Cc: libreplanet-discuss

Hello,

* a via libreplanet-discuss <libreplanet-discuss@libreplanet.org> [2020-03-12 04:18]:
> > If I understand correctly...
> >
> > First, you criticise Purism for saying that soon they would be supported
> > by the FSF.
> > Then, you criticise the FSF for having supported Purism soon after that.
> >
> > What's wrong??
>

> I am criticizing purism for fraudulent behavior. I say purism is
> using fsf in purism's deceptions. The major question is why fsf has
> let it take place?

Purism is a company, if you have a problem with that company, complain
to that.

When you already mentioned it, what exactly is then "fraudulent
behavior"? Why you not give the exact facts?

Then finally what is "fraudulent" is defined by the law, if you have
been deceived by Purism, which I deeply doubt, please complain to
proper authorities.

How is Purism using FSF in Purism's deceptions? I would like to
understand what you are talking about.

Jean

* Re: purism why does fsf and libreboot embrace a misleading company?
@ 2020-03-17 16:33       ` a via libreplanet-discuss
From: a via libreplanet-discuss @ 2020-03-17 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: libreplanet-discuss