On 09/17/2019 09:38 AM, Dmitry Alexandrov wrote: > Caleb Herbert wrote: >> I consider the ancient Galaxy S2 decent. > > A device without GPS and hardware graphic acceleration (unless you are willing to run nonfree software on CPU)? Or even without Wi-Fi and Bluetooth (unless you are willing to run nonfree firmware)? I don't care about GPS or Bluetooth. I hate wireless stuff. I have autism and I always find the devices lose charge at the worst time. I just want it to always work. I would happily use a Wi-Fi dongle over an OTG cable. > That’s not saying about its obsolescence, which involves not only quantitative downsides but qualitative too: such as absence of LTE modem. I've heard the dwindling of 2G makes the device impossible to use. Perhaps it really doesn't work anymore. > Replicant is not Libreboot, it does not require any flashing. It is installed just like as any other Android-based OS. That's a relief, although I don't know what all is involved in rooting and changing the OS on a mobile device. Last time I tried, it was hard for me to do. >> costs five hundred dollars last time I checked. > > Wow! That’s for sure a local issue. I’ve just checked, in Moscow you could get a _new_ Galaxy S2 for 85 $ (which I still found unacceptably expensive for a 2011 Android phone, but if someone really needs it new), used — from 25 $. Oh, wow! I might have gotten one many years ago if I knew this! I've been jonesing for a camera. (Remind me again: Which Replicant device is fortunate to have at least the back camera working?) Thank you for all your help! -- Caleb Herbert KE0VVT 816-892-9669 https://bluehome.net/csh