Hi all this article on the "failure" of free software ran last month (long before the recent scandal) and offers what could be an important wake up call — especially in light of the wild hand-wringing about RMS. The following quote feels prescient: “Free software pioneers like Stallman tended to approach the issue from an individualized perspective, drawn from the 1970s-1980s hacker culture that many of them came from: if you could change how enough hackers wrote and used software, you could change the world. This highly personalized model of social change proposed an individual solution to a structural problem, which necessarily neglected the wider social context.” As we look forward from this RMS fracas, I wonder how other folks here feel about this article.