On This Week on Linux this Week Episode #188 On Fri, Mar 4, 2022 at 7:54 PM Jacob Hrbek wrote: > [cid:part1.MjglHH1U.KqXqDFhM@rixotstudio.cz] > > > I too found your post rather insulting. Not for questioning her > existence. That I can chalk up to joke. More for the "nor saw her to do > anything in Free Software" comment. I know she does work for > LibrePlanet. I suspect she can be found in a number of the videos for > previous years. > I was more like talking about this^ > There is like no information about her (that i can find) the only > things are FSF quoting what she allegedly said in a blog posts, she > never talks to anyone on IRC or in mailing lists (i never seen her talk > and neither did the 5 people that i asked), she doesn't even respond to > people congratulating her here to replace RMS and the first thing that > comes up about her on the internet is OSI website > I didn't meant to be insulting or disrespectful, but she doesn't strike > me as a trustworthy person in relation to FSF and Free Software > movement nor as someone who cares about it at all and is just mostly > used by FSF to show that they have a _one_ women in the team to avoid > people like me accusing them of gender inequality (which they are and > more steps should be taken about it).. > Like what could possibly be the reasoning for her to be the person to > be in such a critical position especially when there are people that > are most likely significantly more qualified such as Ian Kelling? > I would at least think that FSF would actually go on it's promise to > make the role election democratic and allowed the associate members to > vote on candidates. > that said i will most likely support her if RMS supports her to be in > such position > On 3/4/22 16:40, Lori Nagel wrote: > > Congratulations to Zoƫ Kooyman. I look forward to a massive scaling of > the free software movement. > > On Thursday, March 3, 2022, 11:54:33 AM EST, Dennis Payne > [1] wrote: > I too found your post rather insulting. Not for questioning her > existence. That I can chalk up to joke. More for the "nor saw her to do > anything in Free Software" comment. I know she does work for > LibrePlanet. I suspect she can be found in a number of the videos for > previous years. > On Thu, 2022-03-03 at 05:19 +0000, Jacob Hrbek wrote: > > For context i am arguing for a long time (like 4 years now?) for FSF > > to > > be more gender equal where each time i bring that issue up everyone > > starts with "oh there is zoe! we are very gender equal, because zoe! > > and > > we always supported gender equality", but when i ping her on IRC or > > try > > to talk to her she never responds, i never saw her talk to anyone on > > IRC, i couldn't find her doing anything in terms of free software and > > everyone always starts yelling at me for daring to try to talk to her > > or > > about her. > > > > at least from my experience thus the question.. wasn't meant to be > > disrespectful if zoe is really a real person then this is a major > > milestone for FSF to name a women as an executive director which i > > fully > > support and argue for more gender equality. > > > > On 3/2/22 22:52, mray wrote: > > > > > > > > > On 02.03.22 16:47, Jacob Hrbek wrote: > > > > was i disrespectable? If so my apologies > > > > > > When asked to welcome a new representative you react with > > > questioning > > > the mere existe > > nce of said person. That seems like a totally normal > > > welcoming and respectable thing. At least here, I guess? :D > > > > > > On my way out I'll gladly take those apologies as some kind of an > > > inside joke. > > > > > > I'm off, too. > > > > -- > > Jacob Hrbek, In support of ukraine sovereignty #supportUkraine > > > > _______________________________________________ > > libreplanet-discuss mailing list > > [2]libreplanet-discuss@libreplanet.org > > [3]https://lists.libreplanet.org/mailman/listinfo/libreplanet-discuss > _______________________________________________ > libreplanet-discuss mailing list > [4]libreplanet-discuss@libreplanet.org > [5]https://lists.libreplanet.org/mailman/listinfo/libreplanet-discuss > > -- > Jacob Hrbek, In support of ukraine sovereignty #supportUkraine > > References > > 1. mailto:dulsi@identicalsoftware.com > 2. mailto:libreplanet-discuss@libreplanet.org > 3. https://lists.libreplanet.org/mailman/listinfo/libreplanet-discuss > 4. mailto:libreplanet-discuss@libreplanet.org > 5. https://lists.libreplanet.org/mailman/listinfo/libreplanet-discuss > _______________________________________________ > libreplanet-discuss mailing list > libreplanet-discuss@libreplanet.org > https://lists.libreplanet.org/mailman/listinfo/libreplanet-discuss >