On Tue, Dec 26, 2023, 2:55 PM Yuchen Pei <[1]id@ypei.org> wrote: Not really. There are plenty of people with reasonable things to say on xitter who for whatever reason stayed there. Amusingly, when I was setting up a firefish instance for activitypub, I took a look at mastodon.social (to see if I wanted to federate with it or follow anyone there), their 'default-go-to' recommended instance, and found absurdly similar level of toxicity there too. Politician this that, Person this that etc. A ton of boosted comments were fairly similar to what you'd find on say, X as constant 'anger-engagements.' So I wholeheartedly agree. There are people on X that focus on what they do best and are really good accounts (Depths of Wikipedia for example), and similar on many ActivityPub instances. It's just a very YMMV at this moment. abe References 1. mailto:id@ypei.org