From: Adonay Felipe Nogueira <adfeno@openmailbox.org>
To: libreplanet-discuss@libreplanet.org
Subject: Re: Can we licence our Clojure (Eclipse Public License 1.0) project with the GNU AFFERO GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE?
Date: Wed, 24 May 2017 10:46:28 -0300	[thread overview]

Personally, I suggest using GNU Guile.

There are various projects that make use of it. I'll try to give
examples of projects which might be related to your project, but I don't
know them in detail, so I'll not describe them, here goes the list
(taken from [[https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/packages/]]): GNU
Artanis, Guile Config, Guile JSON, Guile DBI, Guile DBD SQLite3, Guile
GDBM FFI, GNU Guile GnuTLS, Graphviz, Guile Cairo.

Dates, times, and environment variables can be managed directly in GNU
Guile, if I'm not mistaken.

There is also GNU Taler ([[https://www.gnu.org/software/taler/]]), which
thankfully isn't a new currency on it's own, but is a way for people to
transfer values in any currency --- be it for products bought or simply
for transfering to one person to another ---, as such, GNU Taler will
work for Brazilian Reals, US Dolars, BitCoin, or any other
currency. However, I don't know if GNU Taler uses GNU Guile.

Anyways, Guile is very extensible, and tries to keep strings and things
as user-readable as possible. :)

--
- [[https://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Adfeno]]
- Palestrante e consultor sobre /software/ livre (não confundir com