From: Yasuaki Kudo <yasu@yasuaki.com>
To: Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support>
Cc: andrew <andrew@andrewyu.org>,
	libreplanet-discuss <libreplanet-discuss@libreplanet.org>
Subject: Re: Question of Aiding and Abetting Proprietary (or non-free) Software in GNU projects
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 17:12:36 +0900	[thread overview]

Hi Jean!

So my original question of the seemingly different attitudes toward making it clear and easy for people who want to run Free on Non-Free on (or with) software remains, and I am excited to get more clarification!

> You seem to have an opinion that community should talk about
> proprietary software even if it is exclusively not about proprietary
> software. Why do you have that urge to enforce a subject which is
> clearly not the goal of the community?

I think a little more nuanced description is in order.   So there are GNU projects that do mention (talk about) proprietary systems such as Windows, make it available on them, and so on, as we have seen in responses.

Now, people from such projects that make the software available on proprietary systems - are they "enforcing a subject which is not the goal of the community?"

Might it be the case that Guix community will happily discuss how to enable the 'careless Linux' (if I may say so, instead of 'regular', for that with proprietary BLOBs), so as long as there are periodic notices, enticing them to find the Free alternatives?

-Yasu