Hi, I can add that riot for desktop is built on top of Electron, which is non free. Librement, Le 24 juillet 2020 10:37:14 GMT+02:00, Msavoritias a écrit : Hi, That was my assumption too. Especially as there is a request for packaging riot in the Guix Libreplanet page. From what I have heard it is basically the non-free addons and the Google Captca that seems to be the problem. The first is just a site that we don't have to connect or remove stuff from there. The second one they are working towards replacing it and I think we could patch it and remove it if needed. Regards MSavoritias On Thu, Jul 23, 2020 at 19:21, Jonathan Sandoval wrote: Msavoritias writes: Also I think having a bunch of semi-official channel using Non-FreeSoftware like Riot does't help anybody. I would like to ask is it in the works to have an official FSF/GNU server in the future? Are there any blockers I can help with? Disclaimer: I am NOT saying to use Riot or any other proprietary client. Hi, I was curious about you saying that Riot is not free software. I just checked their repository in github and it uses the Apache License. I'm working as a consultor for a company that it's building its product using Matrix (synaps) and Riot, and I though both of them were free (as in freedom) software with a permissive license. --