On 21/09/2023 00:27, Valentino Giudice wrote: > It attempts at decentralizing, but its attempts are IMHO mostly > unsuccessful. What do you mean? seems to indicate that it supports ActivityPub. > However, as a centralized platform, I think it aligns with the > principles of the free software community (including freedom of speech > and transparency, beyond just software freedom) more so than other > platforms, including also X, which the FSF currently uses. Why would we want a centralized platform? > In some ways it's better than the Mastodon ecosystem because most > Mastodon instances are small and unreliable and have rules that are > restrictive beyond necessary. You can run your own instance with less restrictive rules. That's one of the advantages of decentralization. Apart from the non-free CAPTCHA, it also seems to have some cryptocurrency nonsense built in: . That page also indicates that it has "premium features" and advertising.