Hello everyone, I'm CC'ing this to several organisations. I ask that you all please spread the news about this, in whatever way you can: On 21 February 2023, there is a hearing for a bill in the New Hampshire Legislative Office Building in Concord, New Hampshire, named House Bill 556-FN that would greatly advance the cause of free and open source software everywhere. The text of the bill is here: https://gencourt.state.nh.us/lsr_search/billText.aspx?id=193&type=4 If passed, the New Hampshire Information Technology Council would then be required, by law, to promote software freedom to the Department of Information Technology Commissioner. This would include analysis of practical issues such as cost, and deployment strategies for libre systems to replace current proprietary systems; more importantly, it would require them to study ways of reducing (or eliminating) the need for citizens to use proprietary software for interactions with the state. The bill also promotes the principle of copyleft licensing, such as GNU GPL; regardless of how you feel about copyleft versus permissive (BSD-style) licensing, the advancement of any libre software on such massive scale will help the entire movement. I wrote about this on the Libreboot website, today: https://libreboot.org/news/usa-libre-part3.html The Free Software Foundation (FSF) also published their own article, on Friday last week: https://www.fsf.org/blogs/community/new-hampshire-residents-support-another-software-freedom-initiative-on-tuesday-february-21 The bill hearing is *tomorrow*. It is critical that as many supporters of software freedom show up as possible, to testify in favour of it, and to advance the cause of our movement. Thank you for reading! -- Leah Rowe, Company Director, Minifree Ltd Registered in England, registration No. 9361826 VAT Registration No. GB202190462 Minifree Ltd, 19 Hilton Road, Canvey Island Essex SS8 9QA, United Kingdom United Kingdom