* Re: Beware of suspicious One Drive links
@ 2022-03-24 14:53 Dora Scilipoti
From: Dora Scilipoti @ 2022-03-24 14:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: michael, directory-discuss, libreplanet-discuss

I can confirm. In the last ten days I have received two identical emails
from the same sender inviting me to download something from One Drive.
The emails were sent to me as replies to an 11 month old message of mine
to <libreplanet-discuss@libreplanet.org>. The sender's name is the same
as it appears in the LibrePlanet mailing list, but person's email
address is different.

--
Dora Scilipoti
gnu.org/education

* Re: Beware of suspicious One Drive links
@ 2022-03-25  8:33 ` Akira Urushibata
From: Akira Urushibata @ 2022-03-25  8:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libreplanet-discuss

Dora Scilipoti wrote:

> I can confirm. In the last ten days I have received two identical emails
> from the same sender inviting me to download something from One Drive.
> The emails were sent to me as replies to an 11 month old message of mine
> to <libreplanet-discuss@libreplanet.org>. The sender's name is the same
> as it appears in the LibrePlanet mailing list, but person's email
> address is different.

The "One Drive" archive service is a Microsoft product.  People who
write, enhance and promote free software tend to avoid Microsoft
products, even when doing so requires significant effort.

It seems that the spammer has little understanding of the people who
are receiving the email.  Nevertheless we should be careful; we should
not rely on a spammer's apparent ignorance for our security.