* Dual text/plain multipart/alternative content
@ 2019-09-23 17:21 Kevin J. McCarthy
From: Kevin J. McCarthy @ 2019-09-23 17:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libreplanet-discuss

Sorry for the off-topic post.  Starting 9/17 on this list, I'm seeing
dual text/plain parts for multipart/alternative emails.

I'm guessing the original text/html part is being autoconverted by a
mailing list filter.  Unfortunately, the output of the filter is not
pretty and my mail client is choosing to display the autoconverted part.

Would it be possible to revert this change to the mailing list?

Thank you,

-Kevin

[-- Attachment #1.2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Dual text/plain multipart/alternative content
@ 2019-09-25 17:05 ` Ian Kelling
From: Ian Kelling @ 2019-09-25 17:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kevin J. McCarthy; +Cc: libreplanet-discuss

Kevin J. McCarthy <kevin@8t8.us> writes:

> Sorry for the off-topic post.  Starting 9/17 on this list, I'm seeing
> dual text/plain parts for multipart/alternative emails.
>
> I'm guessing the original text/html part is being autoconverted by a
> mailing list filter.  Unfortunately, the output of the filter is not
> pretty and my mail client is choosing to display the autoconverted part.
>
> Would it be possible to revert this change to the mailing list?
>
> Thank you,
>
> -Kevin

Yes, its being converted. We upgraded the mailing list server a few
months ago and accidentally disabled the conversion and re-enabled it
recently about a month ago. I just sent another message to the list
discussing this, where I explained why my feeling is that we should
continue converting html for this list.

The conversion command it uses is /usr/bin/lynx -dump
with version 2.8.9 of lynx.

A quick web search and I found that other people prefer the output of
links or elinks over lynx. If you or anyone would like to do a little
research on this and recommend a different conversion program, I'd be
happy to install and switch to it (note, this will affect hundreds of
other email lists for gnu and nongnu packages).

--
Ian Kelling | Senior Systems Administrator, Free Software Foundation
GPG Key: B125 F60B 7B28 7FF6 A2B7  DF8F 170A F0E2 9542 95DF

* Re: Dual text/plain multipart/alternative content
@ 2019-09-25 19:43   ` Kevin J. McCarthy
From: Kevin J. McCarthy @ 2019-09-25 19:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libreplanet-discuss