From: "C.W. Epema" <keesepema@linuxmail.org>
To: libreplanet@etrumeus.com
Cc: libreplanet-discuss@libreplanet.org
Subject: Re: What's the best URL shortener?
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2018 23:59:06 +0000	[thread overview]

If you are interested in a real free and open-source shortlink project, you are very welcome to clone my repository from Github:
git@github.com:kzpm/shortlink.git

The program (SaaS) has been working quite well on my Nginx webserver for over three years now.

The service is extremely convenient for organisations who like to track popularity of certain online services.

Kind regards,

Kees Epema

On Wed, 21 Mar 2018 19:42:55 +0000
libreplanet@etrumeus.com wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 20, 2018 at 11:12:56AM -0500, Tony Chidester wrote:
> > On Tue, 20 Mar 2018 12:00:01 -0400, libreplanet-discuss-request@libreplanet.org wrote:
>
> > http://tx0.org
> >
> > Pros to using tx0.org from their privacy page:
> >
> > We do not monetize our access logs
> > We do not sell advertising or mine data
> > We do not do doing anything other than shorten URLs
> > We are brought to you by SDF.ORG, established 1987
> >
> > SDF has a long history of preserving a non-commercial space on the internet going on thirty years. Plus you don't have to buy a domain name or maintain a server somewhere just for a hyperlink.
>
> Similarly, the approach taken by ur1.ca was pretty good.
>
> It seems to have been available as recently as last month:
>
> https://web.archive.org/web/20180228144932/http://ur1.ca/
>
> but my connection attempts to it are timing out now.

Groet,

Kees Epema
Rosa Spierweg 20
9408EV Assen
T: 06 100 66 878
M: keesepema@linuxmail.org

Protect your privacy and encrypt your messages.
Add my key to your keyring:
PGP key: http://osmigratie.nl/keesepema.asc