From: Msavoritias <marinus.savoritias@disroot.org>
To: Adonay Felipe Nogueira <adfeno@hyperbola.info>
Cc: libreplanet-discuss@libreplanet.org
Subject: Re: Matrix communication protocol.
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2020 23:03:44 +0200	[thread overview]

My only issues is not the two that you mention. We have also:

1. No coherent Standard so everybody can have the same features.
2. Not a lot of Clients.
3. Not a lot of Clients that look decent.
4. No communities.
5. No threading.
6. No Voice rooms like Discord.

These are just some of the problems that I have. As I explained above
Matrix is for groups mostly. And it is much more welcoming to newcomers
than IRC or XMPP. or even Mailing lists for that matter.

Well FSF has Wire as a high priority project. WHich is a straight for
Profit Company unlike Matrix.
Also I didn't know FSF was against companies. Their latest article is
that being FLOSS doesn't mean no Companies.

<https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Collection:High_Priority_Projects>

But you can already get involved in Matrix and developing the Spec.
Isn't that what you mean?

Well the IRC that we currently using has not encryption. So what
exactly are comparing here?

MSavoritias