How is Matri not Free Software though? Apache-2 is Free Software by the FSF. Also this review fails to mention how Matrix has been growing this year expotentially. There are already a lot of servers and growing. Gnome and purism and Kde have their own instances outside of this too. Also here is the list of at least 5 servers alternative to synapse. Plus Matrix is working on p2p. So you won't need a server. Also the encryption has been through security audits: And they want to upgrade it: I'm not arguing that it is better than Omemo. But it is good encryption with future upgrades. I really don't get about Matrix not being Free Software though. Gnu Specifically says Apache 2 is Free Software. If you mean the integrations somehow, that are optional then I ahve some news for you about Firefox. MSavoritias On Mon, Aug 3, 2020 at 20:07, Jean Louis wrote: > Mostly I am in agreement with Adrien. > > There is this review that I found, that you all may find it > interesting: > > > For me XMPP does so many things, we create business with XMPP, we have > all personnel within XMPP coordination, and we use our own servers and > domains, and XMPP work well in worst network conditions as by the > Bwindi Impenetrable Forest in Uganda. > > Most important it is free software in terms as in freedom, we are free > to distribute it, and we gain good communication, secure private > network line without spying from third unknown parties. > > Jean > > _______________________________________________ > libreplanet-discuss mailing list > libreplanet-discuss@libreplanet.org > >