From: Msavoritias <marinus.savoritias@disroot.org>
To: Denver Gingerich <denver@ossguy.com>
Cc: Adonay Felipe Nogueira <adfeno@hyperbola.info>,
	libreplanet-discuss@libreplanet.org
Subject: Re: Matrix communication protocol.
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2020 18:04:34 +0200	[thread overview]

Dino is not available for Android it seems though. On desktop there are
choices.
I wanted a client for Android so i searched on Google play and Fdroid
but couldn't find one with acceptable design. Proprietary or otherwise.
I understand that tech people don't care about UI/UX but we need some
nice looking clients.
Plus I have seen that there is a huge shift to Matrix for non-tech
people.
IRC and XMPP seem to stay into obscurity. XMPP would have been popular
by now.
And what good is a system if its not popular? I don't want to message
my self.
Matrix is the only protocol that is actively developed, is Free
Software (although not AGPL-3), and seems to have a consensus by the
wider community. Also the clients seem to decently designed.
I'm saying all this because if we want to attract more Free Software
users, like it or not we need a good presentation with good interface.
otherwise we risk to fall into obscurity.
No, Im not saying to use proprietary messaging to attract users.

MSavoritias