Hi, I recently started to become involved in GNU and FSF by installing also Guix on system. I am part of the Guix Channel on Matrix. I created three channels on my server privacytools.io I know that there are some GNU channels on the matrix.org server but I went forth with creating one on my server. First for Decentralization reasons. Matrix.org is the biggest server. And second matrix.org is slow due to the number of users there. I noticed that there are a lot of GNU projects already there. Some of them are GUIX, Octave, Gnunet, a lot of GNU channels, Linux Libre and so forth. Also I noticed that it is in the roadmap for Guix to have all the Matrix packages in the repositories. Which a lot of them are already there. The benefits to me are first its a modern protocol with a lot of features. I know not everybody will want all these features though so we can al ways set up an IRC bridge to talk with people on the gnu IRC server. Second a lot of new users nowdays expect modern tooling and communication. I think integrating a Matrix server will be a great way to accomodate them. In a sense it will improve onboarding of new contributors. Granted we have a long way to go with that in my opinion, but Matrix is the first piece of the puzzle towards a bigger and more liveful FSF. Also I think having a bunch of semi-official channel using Non-FreeSoftware like Riot does't help anybody. I would like to ask is it in the works to have an official FSF/GNU server in the future? Are there any blockers I can help with? Disclaimer: I am NOT saying to use Riot or any other proprietary client. MSavoritias