unofficial mirror of libc-alpha@sourceware.org
* Hypergeometric Functions Use
@ 2020-05-24 14:16 ΘΕΟΧΑΡΗΣ ΚΟΣΜΑΣ
From: ΘΕΟΧΑΡΗΣ ΚΟΣΜΑΣ @ 2020-05-24 14:16 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: libc-alpha

Dear GNU Developer, hallo.

I hope everything is going well with you and your research team.

Let me ask you about using GNU to calculate Hypergeometric Functions
in my linux PC system (for a C language code) and specifically on:

1) in which of the sub-packages are they listed
2) how should I make a lilk to them through glibc 2.31
3) how should I compile (also include commands in the c code).

Thank you in advance very much

With my best regards
Haris

PS: I was using gsl-2.1 (mostly for gauss-legendre-quadrature)

Theocharis S. Kosmas
Professor
Theoretical Nuclear & Astronuclear Physics
University of Ioannina, Department of Physics
Tel: +302651008489 Fax: +302651008698
Deputy President of Hellenic Nuclear Physics Society
Editor of Advances in High Energy Physics
Editor of Journal "particles" MDPI

* Re: Hypergeometric Functions Use
@ 2020-05-25 14:36 ` Paul Zimmermann
From: Paul Zimmermann @ 2020-05-25 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: ΘΕΟΧΑΡΗΣ ΚΟΣΜΑΣ
  Cc: libc-alpha

       Dear Haris,

apart from special cases (gamma, erf, and some Bessel functions), the GNU libc
does not implement hypergeometric functions.

You could have a look at the article [1] below, which compares support for
Hypergeometric Functions among different libraries and programs.

Best regards,
Paul Zimmermann

[1] https://hal.inria.fr/hal-01336266v2/