Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I confirm that I'm the original author of this patch. Here is the adjusted version. If necessary, I can write proof-of-concept and attach it here. пн, 9 авг. 2021 г. в 18:32, Siddhesh Poyarekar : > > On 8/9/21 6:51 PM, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote: > > On 8/9/21 5:55 PM, Никита Попов via Libc-alpha wrote: > >> Helper thread frees copied attribute on NOTIFY_REMOVED message > >> received from the OS kernel. Unfortunately, it fails to check whether > >> copied attribute actually exists (data.attr != NULL). This worked > >> earlier because free() checks passed pointer before actually > >> attempting to release corresponding memory. But __pthread_attr_destroy > >> assumes pointer is not NULL. So passing NULL pointer to > >> __pthread_attr_destroy will result in segmentation fault. This > >> scenario is possible if notification->sigev_notify_attributes == NULL > >> (which means default thread attributes should be used). > > > > Thank you, the fix looks good to me. Do you have a test case to go with > > it? > > Also, I don't know if you have an FSF copyright assignment, but it's no > longer necessary. Please confirm that you're the original author and > are authorized to contribute this patch by adding a DCO, i.e. add a > Signed-off-by to indicate that. See also: > > https://developercertificate.org/ > > Thanks, > Siddhesh