unofficial mirror of libc-alpha@sourceware.org
* Sourceware patchwork instance is up
@ 2020-04-30  2:52 Siddhesh Poyarekar
From: Siddhesh Poyarekar @ 2020-04-30  2:52 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: GLIBC Devel

Hello,

The patchwork instance on sourceware is finally up again at
patchwork.sourceware.org.  It is missing most patches between 24th April
and today; I'll import those over the weekend.

Many thanks to Frank Eigler for bearing with my general incompetence
with all things system admin (or devops as the young folks call it this
days) and helping get the instance up.

Here's a quick rundown on status:

- The instance is based on the tip of the 2.2 stable branch

- The instance handles DMARC related issues well as is evident from the
patches I imported manuall

- Next step is to add git hooks and scripts to automatically manage
patch state.  I haven't been able to figure out how the Tags work;
patchwork claims to identify and act on Tags, but I don't know how it
does that.

- We need to figure out what to do with very old patches, i.e. > 2 years
old.  Maybe we should mark them as 'Not Applicable' or similar and leave
them?

Apologies that the instance took so long to bring up; I've been crunched
for time and something or the other kept coming up.  If someone has
bandwidth to help with the git hooks, I'd be more than happy to hand
that bit over to you.  If not, it'll have to wait for another free block
of time some time later.

Siddhesh

PS: Now on to the ChangeLog script bugs that people reported months ago!

* Re: Sourceware patchwork instance is up
@ 2020-05-04 12:40 ` Florian Weimer
From: Florian Weimer @ 2020-05-04 12:40 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Siddhesh Poyarekar; +Cc: GLIBC Devel

* Siddhesh Poyarekar:

> Here's a quick rundown on status:
>
> - The instance is based on the tip of the 2.2 stable branch
>
> - The instance handles DMARC related issues well as is evident from the
> patches I imported manuall

Thanks.  It seems that patchwork does not understand scissors:

<https://patchwork.sourceware.org/project/glibc/patch/87d07p9v73.fsf@mid.deneb.enyo.de/>

The subsequent patches just ended up as comments under the first
patch, instead of creating a new patch.

Was this different before?  I cannot remember.

* Re: Sourceware patchwork instance is up
@ 2020-05-04 18:59   ` Siddhesh Poyarekar
From: Siddhesh Poyarekar @ 2020-05-04 18:59 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Florian Weimer; +Cc: GLIBC Devel

On 04/05/20 18:10, Florian Weimer wrote:
> Thanks.  It seems that patchwork does not understand scissors:
>
> <https://patchwork.sourceware.org/project/glibc/patch/87d07p9v73.fsf@mid.deneb.enyo.de/>
>
> The subsequent patches just ended up as comments under the first
> patch, instead of creating a new patch.
>
> Was this different before?  I cannot remember.

This looks like a bug in patchwork.  I don't remember people using
scissors in the old ChangeLog days, so it's hard to tell if this is a
new bug.

Siddhesh