unofficial mirror of libc-alpha@sourceware.org
From: Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.enyo.de>
To: Elichai Turkel <elichai.turkel@gmail.com>
Cc: Christian Brauner <christian@brauner.io>,
	 linux-api@vger.kernel.org,
	 libc-alpha <libc-alpha@sourceware.org>
Subject: Re: Missing size_t declaration in UAPI
Date: Sat, 09 Nov 2019 13:27:30 +0100	[thread overview]

* Elichai Turkel:

> I'm proposing to move `linux/tools/include/nolibc/nolibc.h` to the
> UAPI interface.
> It would then be included in `linux/types.h`
> Would love feedback before I work on a patch.

I do not think nolibc.h is a good starting point.  The header is
pretty much incompatible with everything, including multiple
translation units that include it, so including it from
<linux/types.h> will not work.

>>> Currently compiling the following program fails:
>>> ```
>>> #include "linux/signal.h"
>>> void main(void){}
>>> ```
>>> Because of `./asm/signal.h:127:2: error: unknown type name ‘size_t’`.
>>>
>>> I tried patching with `#include <stddef.h>` but there's a local file
>>> with the same name overriding the include.

<stddef.h> is expected to be provided by the compiler. It's probably
easier to fix your build environment.