On 2/20/19 2:05 PM, Zack Weinberg wrote: > On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 4:43 AM Martin Liška wrote: >> On 2/19/19 8:14 PM, Zack Weinberg wrote: >>> My first reaction is to wonder whether math-vector-fortran.h should >>> have an extension other than .h. I don't know what conventions there >>> are for this sort of thing in Fortran, but if it could have some other >>> extension then it would be easy to exclude it from this test in the >>> makefiles. Another possibility is to put an Emacs-style "mode" >>> annotation on the first line of the file: -*- f90 -*- which I could >>> make my test program recognize and skip the file. >> >> Hi. >> >> I prefer to do the annotation instead of changing the file extension. >> Can you please verify it's correct in the attached patch? > > Yes, these annotations are correct. You don't have to put them on a > line by themselves, though, > > +! Platform-specific Fortran SIMD declarations of math functions. -*- f90 -*- > > would also work. As long as I'm looking at this patch, I have two > editorial notes: > > In both new files, "Platform-specific Fortran SIMD declarations of > math functions" would be clearer with different word order: suggest > "Platform-specific declarations of SIMD math functions for Fortran." > > In the generic file, "Get default empty builtin definitiones." has a > typo ("definitiones" should be "definitions"), and having a sentence > starting with "Get" on the last line of the file makes it look like > there's something missing. Suggest instead "No SIMD math functions > are available for this platform." > > zw > Thank you for the corrections. I'm attaching final version of the patch that I'm going to install. Martin