On 9/22/17 4:47 AM, Joseph Myers wrote: > This command looks like it would modify some generated files, rather than > modifying their sources and regenerating. Thanks for mentioning that. I finally got around to fixing the issues you mentioned, and installed the adjusted patch into the glibc master. As the patch is 5.6 MB I won't attach it here. I ran into a problem, though: the remote on sourceware.org refused to patch three of the files, giving messages like this: # remote: *** error: sysdeps/powerpc/powerpc64/ppc-mcount.S: trailing lines or like this: # remote: *** error: sysdeps/sparc/sparc64/multiarch/memcpy-ultra3.S: last line does not end in newline I'm attaching a patch for the three files that the remote refused to fix. I assume that to install this patch I would need to fix the pre-commit hooks on the sourceware.org side, but I don't see how to go about this in ; am I looking in the wrong place?