Dear Community, I've thought about using yocto's ptest utility to check correctness of glibc on for example ARMv7 or i386. The idea would be simple - copy cross compiled tests - e.g test-clock_settime to the target's rootfs when created in yocto. Then, after booting up the board (in for example qemu) run those tests with ptest-runner. Advantages of this approach: 1. DO NOT use SSH and test-wrapper script to copy those binaries 2. Tests would be cross compiled on powerfull HOST machine 3. Run tests on target device - can be qemu or custom board (which would help a lot with validation) The problem I'm facing now is that make check does everything at once ( it cross compiles tests, executes them and prints results). I would probably need to add new make rule (like make tst or such) The first step would be just cross compile tests. The 'host-built-program-cmd' from Makeconfig seems to be responsible for it. Questions: ---------- 1. I'm adjusting Rules and then execute: rm ./time/tst-clock_settime* make V=1 --debug=b PARALLELMFLAGS="-j8" subdirs=time check but the changes from Rules or Makeconfig are not applied (at least not in logs). For example I've added to Rules (line 297) $(objpfx)%.out:·%.input·$(objpfx)% @echo·FOO$ @echo·$(make-test-out)·>·$@·<·$(word·1,$^); to see how tests are built, but no output is visible. 2. What is the purpose of 'all-testsuite' variable in Makerules (line 1255)? Is a separate (helper) library (libtestsuite) built to have all eligible tests in it? 3. It looks like some env variables GCONV_PATH and LOCPATH are set when tests are built (Makeconfig line 745) in run-program-env. I'm wondering how I could avoid setting it on target (store in bash.rc when image is created?) and just call the test itself (like tst-clock_settime)? Thanks in advance for help. Best regards, Lukasz Majewski -- DENX Software Engineering GmbH, Managing Director: Wolfgang Denk HRB 165235 Munich, Office: Kirchenstr.5, D-82194 Groebenzell, Germany Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-59 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: lukma@denx.de