This is the single-precision analogue of the cos function which we have been discussing the past few weeks. There should not be much different from the patch implementing the double-precision version. A namespace correction for constants in the double-precision implementation is here. cos/cosf are together in BZ #24205, so it should be okay that changes for both are in the same patch. As an aside, while examining the x86_64 implementation, I found about two-dozen files missing the FSF copyright header. They are all the single-line files shown when you run this command: wc sysdeps/x86_64/fpu/test-[df]*