On 9/7/19 3:06 AM, Paul Eggert wrote: > I assume that to install this patch I would need to fix the pre-commit hooks on > the sourceware.org side Scratch that: it's easier to pacify the pre-commit hooks than to change them, so I installed the attached patch instead. I was puzzled because you patched these three files when updating copyright dates in January, whereas I couldn't patch them today without fixing their trailing-newline style. I guess the pre-commit hooks have changed since January, but I don't know where they're kept.