git@vger.kernel.org list mirror (unofficial, one of many)
 help / color / mirror / code / Atom feed
* [ANNOUNCE] Git v2.34.1
@ 2021-11-24 20:28 Junio C Hamano
  2021-11-24 20:38 ` rsbecker
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 6+ messages in thread
From: Junio C Hamano @ 2021-11-24 20:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git; +Cc: git-packagers

The latest maintenance release Git v2.34.1 is now available at
the usual places.

The tarballs are found at:

    https://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/

The following public repositories all have a copy of the 'v2.34.1'
tag and the 'maint' branch that the tag points at:

  url = https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/git/git
  url = https://kernel.googlesource.com/pub/scm/git/git
  url = git://repo.or.cz/alt-git.git
  url = https://github.com/gitster/git

----------------------------------------------------------------

Git v2.34.1 Release Notes
=========================

This release is primarily to fix a handful of regressions in Git 2.34.

Fixes since v2.34
-----------------

 * "git grep" looking in a blob that has non-UTF8 payload was
   completely broken when linked with certain versions of PCREv2
   library in the latest release.

 * "git pull" with any strategy when the other side is behind us
   should succeed as it is a no-op, but doesn't.

 * An earlier change in 2.34.0 caused JGit application (that abused
   GIT_EDITOR mechanism when invoking "git config") to get stuck with
   a SIGTTOU signal; it has been reverted.

 * An earlier change that broke .gitignore matching has been reverted.

 * SubmittingPatches document gained a syntactically incorrect mark-up,
   which has been corrected.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Changes since v2.34.0 are as follows:

Derrick Stolee (1):
      dir: revert "dir: select directories correctly"

Erwin Villejo (1):
      pull: should be noop when already-up-to-date

Junio C Hamano (3):
      Revert "grep/pcre2: fix an edge case concerning ascii patterns and UTF-8 data"
      Revert "editor: save and reset terminal after calling EDITOR"
      Git 2.34.1

Philippe Blain (1):
      SubmittingPatches: fix Asciidoc syntax in "GitHub CI" section


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 6+ messages in thread

* RE: [ANNOUNCE] Git v2.34.1
  2021-11-24 20:28 [ANNOUNCE] Git v2.34.1 Junio C Hamano
@ 2021-11-24 20:38 ` rsbecker
  2021-11-24 20:44   ` rsbecker
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 6+ messages in thread
From: rsbecker @ 2021-11-24 20:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Junio C Hamano', git; +Cc: git-packagers

On November 24, 2021 3:29 PM, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> Subject: [ANNOUNCE] Git v2.34.1
> 
> The latest maintenance release Git v2.34.1 is now available at the usual
> places.
> 
> The tarballs are found at:
> 
>     https://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/
>
> The following public repositories all have a copy of the 'v2.34.1'
> tag and the 'maint' branch that the tag points at:
> 
>   url = https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/git/git
>   url = https://kernel.googlesource.com/pub/scm/git/git
>   url = git://repo.or.cz/alt-git.git
>   url = https://github.com/gitster/git

In an unusual situation, make reports:

GIT_VERSION = 2.34.GIT

Instead of the expected

GIT_VERSION = 2.34.1

which we see usually.

Am I missing a step that was added since 2.34.0?

-Randall


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 6+ messages in thread

* RE: [ANNOUNCE] Git v2.34.1
  2021-11-24 20:38 ` rsbecker
@ 2021-11-24 20:44   ` rsbecker
  2021-11-24 20:47     ` Junio C Hamano
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 6+ messages in thread
From: rsbecker @ 2021-11-24 20:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rsbecker, 'Junio C Hamano', git; +Cc: git-packagers

On November 24, 2021 3:38 PM, I wrote:
> On November 24, 2021 3:29 PM, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> > Subject: [ANNOUNCE] Git v2.34.1
> >
> > The latest maintenance release Git v2.34.1 is now available at the
> > usual places.
> >
> > The tarballs are found at:
> >
> >     https://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/
> >
> > The following public repositories all have a copy of the 'v2.34.1'
> > tag and the 'maint' branch that the tag points at:
> >
> >   url = https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/git/git
> >   url = https://kernel.googlesource.com/pub/scm/git/git
> >   url = git://repo.or.cz/alt-git.git
> >   url = https://github.com/gitster/git
> 
> In an unusual situation, make reports:
> 
> GIT_VERSION = 2.34.GIT
> 
> Instead of the expected
> 
> GIT_VERSION = 2.34.1
> 
> which we see usually.
> 
> Am I missing a step that was added since 2.34.0?

Oops. I have to build off 'maint' not master. Got it.
-R.


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 6+ messages in thread

* Re: [ANNOUNCE] Git v2.34.1
  2021-11-24 20:44   ` rsbecker
@ 2021-11-24 20:47     ` Junio C Hamano
  2021-11-24 21:12       ` rsbecker
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 6+ messages in thread
From: Junio C Hamano @ 2021-11-24 20:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rsbecker; +Cc: git, git-packagers

<rsbecker@nexbridge.com> writes:

>> In an unusual situation, make reports:
>> 
>> GIT_VERSION = 2.34.GIT
>> 
>> Instead of the expected
>> 
>> GIT_VERSION = 2.34.1
>> 
>> which we see usually.
>> 
>> Am I missing a step that was added since 2.34.0?
>
> Oops. I have to build off 'maint' not master. Got it.
> -R.

You made me cut my lunch break short to double check, but all is
well if the release materials are good after all ;-)


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 6+ messages in thread

* RE: [ANNOUNCE] Git v2.34.1
  2021-11-24 20:47     ` Junio C Hamano
@ 2021-11-24 21:12       ` rsbecker
  2021-11-24 21:21         ` Junio C Hamano
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 6+ messages in thread
From: rsbecker @ 2021-11-24 21:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Junio C Hamano'; +Cc: git, git-packagers

On November 24, 2021 3:48 PM, Junio C Hamano:
> <rsbecker@nexbridge.com> writes:
> 
> >> In an unusual situation, make reports:
> >>
> >> GIT_VERSION = 2.34.GIT
> >>
> >> Instead of the expected
> >>
> >> GIT_VERSION = 2.34.1
> >>
> >> which we see usually.
> >>
> >> Am I missing a step that was added since 2.34.0?
> >
> > Oops. I have to build off 'maint' not master. Got it.
> > -R.
> 
> You made me cut my lunch break short to double check, but all is well if the
> release materials are good after all ;-)

Hopefully when travel is permitted and I can next get to your area, I can repair this with beer 😉
Cheers,
-Randall


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 6+ messages in thread

* Re: [ANNOUNCE] Git v2.34.1
  2021-11-24 21:12       ` rsbecker
@ 2021-11-24 21:21         ` Junio C Hamano
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 6+ messages in thread
From: Junio C Hamano @ 2021-11-24 21:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rsbecker; +Cc: git, git-packagers

<rsbecker@nexbridge.com> writes:

> On November 24, 2021 3:48 PM, Junio C Hamano:
>> <rsbecker@nexbridge.com> writes:
>> 
>> >> In an unusual situation, make reports:
>> >>
>> >> GIT_VERSION = 2.34.GIT
>> >>
>> >> Instead of the expected
>> >>
>> >> GIT_VERSION = 2.34.1
>> >>
>> >> which we see usually.
>> >>
>> >> Am I missing a step that was added since 2.34.0?
>> >
>> > Oops. I have to build off 'maint' not master. Got it.
>> > -R.
>> 
>> You made me cut my lunch break short to double check, but all is well if the
>> release materials are good after all ;-)
>
> Hopefully when travel is permitted and I can next get to your area, I can repair this with beer 😉
> Cheers,
> -Randall

Cheers.  There is nothing to repair.  I don't drink, but thanks for
the thought.

Have fun.

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 6+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2021-11-24 21:21 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 6+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2021-11-24 20:28 [ANNOUNCE] Git v2.34.1 Junio C Hamano
2021-11-24 20:38 ` rsbecker
2021-11-24 20:44   ` rsbecker
2021-11-24 20:47     ` Junio C Hamano
2021-11-24 21:12       ` rsbecker
2021-11-24 21:21         ` Junio C Hamano

Code repositories for project(s) associated with this inbox:

	https://80x24.org/mirrors/git.git

This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).