git@vger.kernel.org list mirror (unofficial, one of many)
 help / color / mirror / Atom feed
* [QUESTION] Tracking HEAD changes?
@ 2021-02-22  9:12 Yaron Wittenstein
  2021-02-23  0:38 ` Jeff King
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 15+ messages in thread
From: Yaron Wittenstein @ 2021-02-22  9:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

Hi,

Is there any possible way to track changes to HEAD using hooks?

Being able to listen using hooks to events such as pre-head-checkout
and post-head-checkout would be the best option (from my perspective).

To my knowledge, the only possible way to do that today is by adding a
file watch over the refs directory.

Thank you!
    Yaron

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 15+ messages in thread

* Re: [QUESTION] Tracking HEAD changes?
  2021-02-22  9:12 [QUESTION] Tracking HEAD changes? Yaron Wittenstein
@ 2021-02-23  0:38 ` Jeff King
  2021-02-23 20:42   ` Jeff King
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 15+ messages in thread
From: Jeff King @ 2021-02-23  0:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yaron Wittenstein; +Cc: git

On Mon, Feb 22, 2021 at 11:12:11AM +0200, Yaron Wittenstein wrote:

> Is there any possible way to track changes to HEAD using hooks?
> 
> Being able to listen using hooks to events such as pre-head-checkout
> and post-head-checkout would be the best option (from my perspective).
> 
> To my knowledge, the only possible way to do that today is by adding a
> file watch over the refs directory.

No, I don't think there is currently a better way.

If you do go the file watch route, make sure you put one on HEAD, too
(to catch the case of checking out a different branch, as opposed to
updating it with a new commit). I use:

  gitdir=$(git rev-parse --git-dir)
  # We need delete_self to pick up changes to HEAD (since it gets renamed
  # over), and "move" to pick up changes in the refs directories.
  inotifywait -qq -t 60 -e delete_self -e move -r "$gitdir/HEAD" "$gitdir/refs"

in a script that I use for automatically running tests against the
current commit. (if you are doing something similar, I also recommend
https://github.com/mhagger/git-test for avoiding re-running against the
same commits repeatedly).

-Peff

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 15+ messages in thread

* Re: [QUESTION] Tracking HEAD changes?
  2021-02-23  0:38 ` Jeff King
@ 2021-02-23 20:42   ` Jeff King
  2021-02-24 20:21     ` Yaron Wittenstein
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 15+ messages in thread
From: Jeff King @ 2021-02-23 20:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yaron Wittenstein; +Cc: Patrick Steinhardt, git

On Mon, Feb 22, 2021 at 07:38:30PM -0500, Jeff King wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 22, 2021 at 11:12:11AM +0200, Yaron Wittenstein wrote:
> 
> > Is there any possible way to track changes to HEAD using hooks?
> > 
> > Being able to listen using hooks to events such as pre-head-checkout
> > and post-head-checkout would be the best option (from my perspective).
> > 
> > To my knowledge, the only possible way to do that today is by adding a
> > file watch over the refs directory.
> 
> No, I don't think there is currently a better way.

Actually, I completely forgot about Patrick's recent ref-transaction
hook. See the "reference-transaction" section of githooks(7). They do
more than you'd need, but you should be able to write a hook that just
looks for updates to HEAD, or updates to the ref that HEAD is pointing
at.

The code was introduced in 6754159767 (refs: implement reference
transaction hook, 2020-06-19), so you'll need Git v2.28.0 or later.

-Peff

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 15+ messages in thread

* Re: [QUESTION] Tracking HEAD changes?
  2021-02-23 20:42   ` Jeff King
@ 2021-02-24 20:21     ` Yaron Wittenstein
  2021-02-24 21:03       ` Jeff King
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 15+ messages in thread
From: Yaron Wittenstein @ 2021-02-24 20:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeff King; +Cc: Patrick Steinhardt, git

That indeed seems to do the trick.
I've done a little experiment and saw that when doing git reset the
hook gets called.

However, when switching branches the hook doesn't execute :(

I don't understand if it's intentional, since when I've moved to a new
branch HEAD pointed to another commit id.
The only workaround I see here is using the post-checkout hook in addition.

Thank you very much for helping me. I really appreciate it!!
     Yaron

On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 10:42 PM Jeff King <peff@peff.net> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Feb 22, 2021 at 07:38:30PM -0500, Jeff King wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Feb 22, 2021 at 11:12:11AM +0200, Yaron Wittenstein wrote:
> >
> > > Is there any possible way to track changes to HEAD using hooks?
> > >
> > > Being able to listen using hooks to events such as pre-head-checkout
> > > and post-head-checkout would be the best option (from my perspective).
> > >
> > > To my knowledge, the only possible way to do that today is by adding a
> > > file watch over the refs directory.
> >
> > No, I don't think there is currently a better way.
>
> Actually, I completely forgot about Patrick's recent ref-transaction
> hook. See the "reference-transaction" section of githooks(7). They do
> more than you'd need, but you should be able to write a hook that just
> looks for updates to HEAD, or updates to the ref that HEAD is pointing
> at.
>
> The code was introduced in 6754159767 (refs: implement reference
> transaction hook, 2020-06-19), so you'll need Git v2.28.0 or later.
>
> -Peff

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 15+ messages in thread

* Re: [QUESTION] Tracking HEAD changes?
  2021-02-24 20:21     ` Yaron Wittenstein
@ 2021-02-24 21:03       ` Jeff King
  2021-02-25  5:36         ` Patrick Steinhardt
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 15+ messages in thread
From: Jeff King @ 2021-02-24 21:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yaron Wittenstein; +Cc: Patrick Steinhardt, git

On Wed, Feb 24, 2021 at 10:21:55PM +0200, Yaron Wittenstein wrote:

> That indeed seems to do the trick.
> I've done a little experiment and saw that when doing git reset the
> hook gets called.
> 
> However, when switching branches the hook doesn't execute :(
> 
> I don't understand if it's intentional, since when I've moved to a new
> branch HEAD pointed to another commit id.
> The only workaround I see here is using the post-checkout hook in addition.

Hmm, I would have thought that the branch switch would trigger the hooks
because they're updating HEAD. I wonder if that is a bug (or lack of
feature :) ) in the transaction hooks, or something Patrick did
intentionally.

-Peff

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 15+ messages in thread

* Re: [QUESTION] Tracking HEAD changes?
  2021-02-24 21:03       ` Jeff King
@ 2021-02-25  5:36         ` Patrick Steinhardt
  2021-02-25  6:01           ` Yaron Wittenstein
  2021-02-26  5:59           ` Jeff King
  0 siblings, 2 replies; 15+ messages in thread
From: Patrick Steinhardt @ 2021-02-25  5:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeff King; +Cc: Yaron Wittenstein, git

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 1164 bytes --]

On Wed, Feb 24, 2021 at 04:03:14PM -0500, Jeff King wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 24, 2021 at 10:21:55PM +0200, Yaron Wittenstein wrote:
> 
> > That indeed seems to do the trick.
> > I've done a little experiment and saw that when doing git reset the
> > hook gets called.
> > 
> > However, when switching branches the hook doesn't execute :(
> > 
> > I don't understand if it's intentional, since when I've moved to a new
> > branch HEAD pointed to another commit id.
> > The only workaround I see here is using the post-checkout hook in addition.
> 
> Hmm, I would have thought that the branch switch would trigger the hooks
> because they're updating HEAD. I wonder if that is a bug (or lack of
> feature :) ) in the transaction hooks, or something Patrick did
> intentionally.
> 
> -Peff

It was done semi-intentionally, or at least with the knowledge that
symrefs aren't covered. This is mostly because they're not covered by
the reference transaction mechanism itself.

But this again reminds me that I still have to update the documentation
of the hook to at least make it more explicit what's currently covered
and what's not.

Patrick

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]
[-- Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 833 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 15+ messages in thread

* Re: [QUESTION] Tracking HEAD changes?
  2021-02-25  5:36         ` Patrick Steinhardt
@ 2021-02-25  6:01           ` Yaron Wittenstein
  2021-02-25  6:27             ` Patrick Steinhardt
  2021-02-26  5:59           ` Jeff King
  1 sibling, 1 reply; 15+ messages in thread
From: Yaron Wittenstein @ 2021-02-25  6:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patrick Steinhardt; +Cc: Jeff King, git

Thank you for the clarification!

Is there any plan to support such a case in the future?

Also, I've observed that the "post-index-change" hook is being
triggered before calling the "reference-transaction" hook (with the
"prepared" state).
It seems not intuitive to me since the index and working dirs are
being updated before approving the transaction.
(the HEAD still points to an "old" reference while the
"post-index-change" hook is executing).

Thank you,
   Yaron

On Thu, Feb 25, 2021 at 7:37 AM Patrick Steinhardt <ps@pks.im> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Feb 24, 2021 at 04:03:14PM -0500, Jeff King wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 24, 2021 at 10:21:55PM +0200, Yaron Wittenstein wrote:
> >
> > > That indeed seems to do the trick.
> > > I've done a little experiment and saw that when doing git reset the
> > > hook gets called.
> > >
> > > However, when switching branches the hook doesn't execute :(
> > >
> > > I don't understand if it's intentional, since when I've moved to a new
> > > branch HEAD pointed to another commit id.
> > > The only workaround I see here is using the post-checkout hook in addition.
> >
> > Hmm, I would have thought that the branch switch would trigger the hooks
> > because they're updating HEAD. I wonder if that is a bug (or lack of
> > feature :) ) in the transaction hooks, or something Patrick did
> > intentionally.
> >
> > -Peff
>
> It was done semi-intentionally, or at least with the knowledge that
> symrefs aren't covered. This is mostly because they're not covered by
> the reference transaction mechanism itself.
>
> But this again reminds me that I still have to update the documentation
> of the hook to at least make it more explicit what's currently covered
> and what's not.
>
> Patrick

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 15+ messages in thread

* Re: [QUESTION] Tracking HEAD changes?
  2021-02-25  6:01           ` Yaron Wittenstein
@ 2021-02-25  6:27             ` Patrick Steinhardt
  2021-02-25  7:13               ` Junio C Hamano
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 15+ messages in thread
From: Patrick Steinhardt @ 2021-02-25  6:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yaron Wittenstein; +Cc: Jeff King, git

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 3111 bytes --]

On Thu, Feb 25, 2021 at 08:01:11AM +0200, Yaron Wittenstein wrote:
> Thank you for the clarification!
> 
> Is there any plan to support such a case in the future?

I personally don't have any plans to do so, but I can see usecases where
it would make sense. So I wouldn't be opposing any such efforts either.

> Also, I've observed that the "post-index-change" hook is being
> triggered before calling the "reference-transaction" hook (with the
> "prepared" state). It seems not intuitive to me since the index and
> working dirs are being updated before approving the transaction. (the
> HEAD still points to an "old" reference while the "post-index-change"
> hook is executing).

This is something that cannot really be helped though. The
reference-transaction hook directly hooks into the reference transaction
mechanism, which is how git updates all references. So we do not really
have any control over when the hook will get executed: it will simply
get executed whenever the reference transaction itself gets prepared
(refs get locked) and committed (written updated refs got moved into
place).

And that's by design: my objective was to catch _all_ reference updates
such that one can coordinate across multiple git nodes which all perform
the same action to assert they're moving from the same state to the same
state, regardless of whether they're doing a git-push(1), git-merge(1)
or git-update-ref(1).

So what you're observing is simply mirroring "reality": the order in
which git does its things here. There can be arbitrarily many
transactions in a given git command, and the only way this can be
changed is by changing how the command operating the transcations works.

Patrick

> Thank you,
>    Yaron
> 
> On Thu, Feb 25, 2021 at 7:37 AM Patrick Steinhardt <ps@pks.im> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Feb 24, 2021 at 04:03:14PM -0500, Jeff King wrote:
> > > On Wed, Feb 24, 2021 at 10:21:55PM +0200, Yaron Wittenstein wrote:
> > >
> > > > That indeed seems to do the trick.
> > > > I've done a little experiment and saw that when doing git reset the
> > > > hook gets called.
> > > >
> > > > However, when switching branches the hook doesn't execute :(
> > > >
> > > > I don't understand if it's intentional, since when I've moved to a new
> > > > branch HEAD pointed to another commit id.
> > > > The only workaround I see here is using the post-checkout hook in addition.
> > >
> > > Hmm, I would have thought that the branch switch would trigger the hooks
> > > because they're updating HEAD. I wonder if that is a bug (or lack of
> > > feature :) ) in the transaction hooks, or something Patrick did
> > > intentionally.
> > >
> > > -Peff
> >
> > It was done semi-intentionally, or at least with the knowledge that
> > symrefs aren't covered. This is mostly because they're not covered by
> > the reference transaction mechanism itself.
> >
> > But this again reminds me that I still have to update the documentation
> > of the hook to at least make it more explicit what's currently covered
> > and what's not.
> >
> > Patrick

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]
[-- Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 833 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 15+ messages in thread

* Re: [QUESTION] Tracking HEAD changes?
  2021-02-25  6:27             ` Patrick Steinhardt
@ 2021-02-25  7:13               ` Junio C Hamano
  2021-02-25  7:28                 ` Patrick Steinhardt
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 15+ messages in thread
From: Junio C Hamano @ 2021-02-25  7:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patrick Steinhardt; +Cc: Yaron Wittenstein, Jeff King, git

Patrick Steinhardt <ps@pks.im> writes:

> So what you're observing is simply mirroring "reality": the order in
> which git does its things here. There can be arbitrarily many
> transactions in a given git command, and the only way this can be
> changed is by changing how the command operating the transcations works.

In other words, ref transaction is only about changes to the refs.
There is no such "transaction" that treats a series of operations
like object creation and index manipulation that may happen before a
group of refs are updated as a single unit and make it atomic.


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 15+ messages in thread

* Re: [QUESTION] Tracking HEAD changes?
  2021-02-25  7:13               ` Junio C Hamano
@ 2021-02-25  7:28                 ` Patrick Steinhardt
  2021-02-25  7:50                   ` Yaron Wittenstein
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 15+ messages in thread
From: Patrick Steinhardt @ 2021-02-25  7:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Junio C Hamano; +Cc: Yaron Wittenstein, Jeff King, git

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 757 bytes --]

On Wed, Feb 24, 2021 at 11:13:47PM -0800, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> Patrick Steinhardt <ps@pks.im> writes:
> 
> > So what you're observing is simply mirroring "reality": the order in
> > which git does its things here. There can be arbitrarily many
> > transactions in a given git command, and the only way this can be
> > changed is by changing how the command operating the transcations works.
> 
> In other words, ref transaction is only about changes to the refs.
> There is no such "transaction" that treats a series of operations
> like object creation and index manipulation that may happen before a
> group of refs are updated as a single unit and make it atomic.

Exactly. Thanks for putting it into better words than I did.

Patrick

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]
[-- Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 833 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 15+ messages in thread

* Re: [QUESTION] Tracking HEAD changes?
  2021-02-25  7:28                 ` Patrick Steinhardt
@ 2021-02-25  7:50                   ` Yaron Wittenstein
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 15+ messages in thread
From: Yaron Wittenstein @ 2021-02-25  7:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patrick Steinhardt; +Cc: Junio C Hamano, Jeff King, git

Thank you all!

I'd like to make sure I understand the way things are right now:

1. The reference-transaction hook as it's today doesn't intercept
symbolic-references changes.
It means that when HEAD changes due to branch-switching the hook won't
get called.

Are there any other cases that today the transaction won't execute? (I
couldn't think of one)

2. The mechanisms that handle the changes to index and working-dir are
isolated from the one that manages the refs updates.

A side-effect to that is the post-index-change hook running before the
reference-transaction one.
Future code changes to the way git operates could result in the
reference-transaction hook running before the post-index-change one.

Is that correct?

  Thank you!
      Yaron

On Thu, Feb 25, 2021 at 9:28 AM Patrick Steinhardt <ps@pks.im> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Feb 24, 2021 at 11:13:47PM -0800, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> > Patrick Steinhardt <ps@pks.im> writes:
> >
> > > So what you're observing is simply mirroring "reality": the order in
> > > which git does its things here. There can be arbitrarily many
> > > transactions in a given git command, and the only way this can be
> > > changed is by changing how the command operating the transcations works.
> >
> > In other words, ref transaction is only about changes to the refs.
> > There is no such "transaction" that treats a series of operations
> > like object creation and index manipulation that may happen before a
> > group of refs are updated as a single unit and make it atomic.
>
> Exactly. Thanks for putting it into better words than I did.
>
> Patrick

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 15+ messages in thread

* Re: [QUESTION] Tracking HEAD changes?
  2021-02-25  5:36         ` Patrick Steinhardt
  2021-02-25  6:01           ` Yaron Wittenstein
@ 2021-02-26  5:59           ` Jeff King
  2021-02-26 20:58             ` Yaron Wittenstein
  1 sibling, 1 reply; 15+ messages in thread
From: Jeff King @ 2021-02-26  5:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patrick Steinhardt; +Cc: Yaron Wittenstein, git

On Thu, Feb 25, 2021 at 06:36:54AM +0100, Patrick Steinhardt wrote:

> > Hmm, I would have thought that the branch switch would trigger the hooks
> > because they're updating HEAD. I wonder if that is a bug (or lack of
> > feature :) ) in the transaction hooks, or something Patrick did
> > intentionally.
> 
> It was done semi-intentionally, or at least with the knowledge that
> symrefs aren't covered. This is mostly because they're not covered by
> the reference transaction mechanism itself.

Ah, right, I forgot about that. That might be something that we'd want
to fix if anybody wanted to use the transaction hooks to track the
complete state of refs.

At GitHub, our repository replication does track symbolic ref updates,
but we handle it outside of Git. Our normal ref updates use a few custom
bits of code similar to your transaction hooks in order to implement a
3-phase commit. But our symref updates don't; they just take a lock, run
git-symbolic-ref on each, and then vote on the result. This is slower
and less robust, but symbolic ref updates are relatively rare, so it
hasn't been a big deal.

-Peff

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 15+ messages in thread

* Re: [QUESTION] Tracking HEAD changes?
  2021-02-26  5:59           ` Jeff King
@ 2021-02-26 20:58             ` Yaron Wittenstein
  2021-03-01  9:03               ` Jeff King
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 15+ messages in thread
From: Yaron Wittenstein @ 2021-02-26 20:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Junio C Hamano, Patrick Steinhardt, Jeff King; +Cc: git

Thank you all!

I'd like to make sure I understand the way things are right now:

1. The reference-transaction hook as it's today doesn't intercept
symbolic-references changes. It means that when HEAD changes due to
branch-switching the hook won't
get called.

Are there any other cases that today the transaction won't execute? (I
couldn't think of one)

2. The mechanisms that handle the changes to index and working-dir are
isolated from the one that manages the refs updates.

A side-effect to that is the post-index-change hook running before the
reference-transaction one.
Future code changes to the way git operates could result in the
reference-transaction hook running before the post-index-change one.

Is that correct?

  Thank you!
      Yaron

On Fri, Feb 26, 2021 at 7:59 AM Jeff King <peff@peff.net> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Feb 25, 2021 at 06:36:54AM +0100, Patrick Steinhardt wrote:
>
> > > Hmm, I would have thought that the branch switch would trigger the hooks
> > > because they're updating HEAD. I wonder if that is a bug (or lack of
> > > feature :) ) in the transaction hooks, or something Patrick did
> > > intentionally.
> >
> > It was done semi-intentionally, or at least with the knowledge that
> > symrefs aren't covered. This is mostly because they're not covered by
> > the reference transaction mechanism itself.
>
> Ah, right, I forgot about that. That might be something that we'd want
> to fix if anybody wanted to use the transaction hooks to track the
> complete state of refs.
>
> At GitHub, our repository replication does track symbolic ref updates,
> but we handle it outside of Git. Our normal ref updates use a few custom
> bits of code similar to your transaction hooks in order to implement a
> 3-phase commit. But our symref updates don't; they just take a lock, run
> git-symbolic-ref on each, and then vote on the result. This is slower
> and less robust, but symbolic ref updates are relatively rare, so it
> hasn't been a big deal.
>
> -Peff

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 15+ messages in thread

* Re: [QUESTION] Tracking HEAD changes?
  2021-02-26 20:58             ` Yaron Wittenstein
@ 2021-03-01  9:03               ` Jeff King
  2021-03-01 10:02                 ` Yaron Wittenstein
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 15+ messages in thread
From: Jeff King @ 2021-03-01  9:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yaron Wittenstein; +Cc: Junio C Hamano, Patrick Steinhardt, git

On Fri, Feb 26, 2021 at 10:58:37PM +0200, Yaron Wittenstein wrote:

> I'd like to make sure I understand the way things are right now:
> 
> 1. The reference-transaction hook as it's today doesn't intercept
> symbolic-references changes. It means that when HEAD changes due to
> branch-switching the hook won't
> get called.
> 
> Are there any other cases that today the transaction won't execute? (I
> couldn't think of one)

No, I don't think so.

> 2. The mechanisms that handle the changes to index and working-dir are
> isolated from the one that manages the refs updates.
> 
> A side-effect to that is the post-index-change hook running before the
> reference-transaction one.
> Future code changes to the way git operates could result in the
> reference-transaction hook running before the post-index-change one.
> 
> Is that correct?

Yes, that matches my understanding.

-Peff

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 15+ messages in thread

* Re: [QUESTION] Tracking HEAD changes?
  2021-03-01  9:03               ` Jeff King
@ 2021-03-01 10:02                 ` Yaron Wittenstein
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 15+ messages in thread
From: Yaron Wittenstein @ 2021-03-01 10:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

Cool, thanks!

On Mon, Mar 1, 2021 at 11:03 AM Jeff King <peff@peff.net> wrote:
>
> On Fri, Feb 26, 2021 at 10:58:37PM +0200, Yaron Wittenstein wrote:
>
> > I'd like to make sure I understand the way things are right now:
> >
> > 1. The reference-transaction hook as it's today doesn't intercept
> > symbolic-references changes. It means that when HEAD changes due to
> > branch-switching the hook won't
> > get called.
> >
> > Are there any other cases that today the transaction won't execute? (I
> > couldn't think of one)
>
> No, I don't think so.
>
> > 2. The mechanisms that handle the changes to index and working-dir are
> > isolated from the one that manages the refs updates.
> >
> > A side-effect to that is the post-index-change hook running before the
> > reference-transaction one.
> > Future code changes to the way git operates could result in the
> > reference-transaction hook running before the post-index-change one.
> >
> > Is that correct?
>
> Yes, that matches my understanding.
>
> -Peff

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 15+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2021-03-01 10:05 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 15+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2021-02-22  9:12 [QUESTION] Tracking HEAD changes? Yaron Wittenstein
2021-02-23  0:38 ` Jeff King
2021-02-23 20:42   ` Jeff King
2021-02-24 20:21     ` Yaron Wittenstein
2021-02-24 21:03       ` Jeff King
2021-02-25  5:36         ` Patrick Steinhardt
2021-02-25  6:01           ` Yaron Wittenstein
2021-02-25  6:27             ` Patrick Steinhardt
2021-02-25  7:13               ` Junio C Hamano
2021-02-25  7:28                 ` Patrick Steinhardt
2021-02-25  7:50                   ` Yaron Wittenstein
2021-02-26  5:59           ` Jeff King
2021-02-26 20:58             ` Yaron Wittenstein
2021-03-01  9:03               ` Jeff King
2021-03-01 10:02                 ` Yaron Wittenstein

git@vger.kernel.org list mirror (unofficial, one of many)

This inbox may be cloned and mirrored by anyone:

	git clone --mirror https://public-inbox.org/git
	git clone --mirror http://ou63pmih66umazou.onion/git
	git clone --mirror http://czquwvybam4bgbro.onion/git
	git clone --mirror http://hjrcffqmbrq6wope.onion/git

	# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
	# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
	public-inbox-init -V1 git git/ https://public-inbox.org/git \
		git@vger.kernel.org
	public-inbox-index git

Example config snippet for mirrors.
Newsgroups are available over NNTP:
	nntp://news.public-inbox.org/inbox.comp.version-control.git
	nntp://ou63pmih66umazou.onion/inbox.comp.version-control.git
	nntp://czquwvybam4bgbro.onion/inbox.comp.version-control.git
	nntp://hjrcffqmbrq6wope.onion/inbox.comp.version-control.git
	nntp://news.gmane.io/gmane.comp.version-control.git
 note: .onion URLs require Tor: https://www.torproject.org/

code repositories for the project(s) associated with this inbox:

	https://80x24.org/mirrors/git.git

AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/public-inbox.git