git@vger.kernel.org list mirror (unofficial, one of many)
 help / color / mirror / code / Atom feed
* [GSoC] An Introduction
@ 2021-05-18  7:15 Atharva Raykar
  2021-05-18 13:09 ` ZheNing Hu
  2021-05-18 16:23 ` Christian Couder
  0 siblings, 2 replies; 3+ messages in thread
From: Atharva Raykar @ 2021-05-18  7:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git
  Cc: Christian Couder, Shourya Shukla, adlternative,
	Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason, Kaartic Sivaraam,
	Junio C Hamano, Johannes Sixt, Phillip Wood

Hello Git Developers!

I am Atharva Raykar, a student from Bangalore, who is going to be
involved more deeply with the Git community in the coming months.

I am going to be focusing on converting Git's Submodule functionality
from shell to C, and I greatly look forward to make improve Git :)

Congratulations to ZheNing Hu for getting selected as well. I am
not surprised at all -- his volume of contributions even before his
selection has been great, and quite inspiring for me.

I look forward to helping out in any way I can and get to know the
community better. I'd also like to thank Christian, Kaartic, Ævar,
Junio, Johannes and Phillip who have all helped me learn and guide
me through my first few Git contributions.

Thanks again for trusting me with this work. I look forward to
contribute and help others contribute!

--
Atharva Raykar

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

* Re: [GSoC] An Introduction
  2021-05-18  7:15 [GSoC] An Introduction Atharva Raykar
@ 2021-05-18 13:09 ` ZheNing Hu
  2021-05-18 16:23 ` Christian Couder
  1 sibling, 0 replies; 3+ messages in thread
From: ZheNing Hu @ 2021-05-18 13:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Atharva Raykar
  Cc: git, Christian Couder, Shourya Shukla,
	Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason, Kaartic Sivaraam,
	Junio C Hamano, Johannes Sixt, Phillip Wood

Hi, Atharva Raykar,

Atharva Raykar <raykar.ath@gmail.com> 于2021年5月18日周二 下午3:15写道:
>
> Hello Git Developers!
>
> I am Atharva Raykar, a student from Bangalore, who is going to be
> involved more deeply with the Git community in the coming months.
>
> I am going to be focusing on converting Git's Submodule functionality
> from shell to C, and I greatly look forward to make improve Git :)
>

Great! This is also my pursuit to make Git better!

> Congratulations to ZheNing Hu for getting selected as well. I am
> not surprised at all -- his volume of contributions even before his
> selection has been great, and quite inspiring for me.
>

Congratulations to you too! We can learn from each other during GSoC.

> I look forward to helping out in any way I can and get to know the
> community better. I'd also like to thank Christian, Kaartic, Ævar,
> Junio, Johannes and Phillip who have all helped me learn and guide
> me through my first few Git contributions.
>
> Thanks again for trusting me with this work. I look forward to
> contribute and help others contribute!
>
> --
> Atharva Raykar

At last, Hariom (my mentor) and you are Indians, I wish you and
your country can defeat COVID-19. :)

--
ZheNing Hu

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

* Re: [GSoC] An Introduction
  2021-05-18  7:15 [GSoC] An Introduction Atharva Raykar
  2021-05-18 13:09 ` ZheNing Hu
@ 2021-05-18 16:23 ` Christian Couder
  1 sibling, 0 replies; 3+ messages in thread
From: Christian Couder @ 2021-05-18 16:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Atharva Raykar
  Cc: git, Shourya Shukla, ZheNing Hu,
	Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason, Kaartic Sivaraam,
	Junio C Hamano, Johannes Sixt, Phillip Wood

Hi Atharva,

On Tue, May 18, 2021 at 9:15 AM Atharva Raykar <raykar.ath@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Git Developers!
>
> I am Atharva Raykar, a student from Bangalore, who is going to be
> involved more deeply with the Git community in the coming months.
>
> I am going to be focusing on converting Git's Submodule functionality
> from shell to C, and I greatly look forward to make improve Git :)

Thanks for your work so far! We are happy to mentor you and also look
forward to the improvements you will make!

> Congratulations to ZheNing Hu for getting selected as well. I am
> not surprised at all -- his volume of contributions even before his
> selection has been great, and quite inspiring for me.
>
> I look forward to helping out in any way I can and get to know the
> community better. I'd also like to thank Christian, Kaartic, Ævar,
> Junio, Johannes and Phillip who have all helped me learn and guide
> me through my first few Git contributions.
>
> Thanks again for trusting me with this work. I look forward to
> contribute and help others contribute!

Thanks,
Christian.

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2021-05-18 16:23 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 3+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2021-05-18  7:15 [GSoC] An Introduction Atharva Raykar
2021-05-18 13:09 ` ZheNing Hu
2021-05-18 16:23 ` Christian Couder

Code repositories for project(s) associated with this inbox:

	https://80x24.org/mirrors/git.git

This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).