git@vger.kernel.org list mirror (unofficial, one of many)
 help / color / Atom feed
* could not fork child process rebasing required
@ 2019-09-11 13:00 Castro Alvarez, Sebastian
  2019-09-12  8:45 ` Johannes Schindelin
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Castro Alvarez, Sebastian @ 2019-09-11 13:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

Dear Git team,

I have recently updated my computer to W10. So, I reinstalled the
newest version of Git, and it is not working. It gives the following
error:

Error: Could not fork child process: Resource temporarily unavailable (-1).
DLL rebasing may be required; see 'rebaseall / rebase --help'.

I tried reinstalling git, it is still not working. I have googled how
to solve it. But none of the solutions out there have been effective.
Some of them were like give permission to git in windows defender,
others said that there was some incompatibility between git and
cygwin... but I don't have cygwin in my computer... and so on. Nothing
works.

Now I have installed git 2.23.0 and the specifications of my computer are these:
OS: W10 enterprise
Processor: core i3-4160T CPU 3.10GHz
RAM: 8 GB
System: 64-bit OS, x64-based processor

Can you please help me in any way to solve this?

best regards,
Sebastian Castro Alvarez

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: could not fork child process rebasing required
  2019-09-11 13:00 could not fork child process rebasing required Castro Alvarez, Sebastian
@ 2019-09-12  8:45 ` Johannes Schindelin
  2019-09-12  8:49   ` Castro Alvarez, Sebastian
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Johannes Schindelin @ 2019-09-12  8:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Castro Alvarez, Sebastian; +Cc: git

Hi Sebastian,

On Wed, 11 Sep 2019, Castro Alvarez, Sebastian wrote:

> I have recently updated my computer to W10. So, I reinstalled the
> newest version of Git, and it is not working. It gives the following
> error:
>
> Error: Could not fork child process: Resource temporarily unavailable (-1).
> DLL rebasing may be required; see 'rebaseall / rebase --help'.

This sounds as if you tried to install the 32-bit version of Git for
Windows? If so, please install the 64-bit version instead.

Ciao,
Johannes

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: could not fork child process rebasing required
  2019-09-12  8:45 ` Johannes Schindelin
@ 2019-09-12  8:49   ` Castro Alvarez, Sebastian
  2019-09-12 11:28     ` Johannes Schindelin
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Castro Alvarez, Sebastian @ 2019-09-12  8:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Johannes Schindelin; +Cc: git

Hi Johannes,

I have tried with both versions 32-bit and 64-bit, none of them work
for me, I still get the same error. :(

best,
Sebastian

On Thu, Sep 12, 2019 at 10:45 AM Johannes Schindelin
<Johannes.Schindelin@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> Hi Sebastian,
>
> On Wed, 11 Sep 2019, Castro Alvarez, Sebastian wrote:
>
> > I have recently updated my computer to W10. So, I reinstalled the
> > newest version of Git, and it is not working. It gives the following
> > error:
> >
> > Error: Could not fork child process: Resource temporarily unavailable (-1).
> > DLL rebasing may be required; see 'rebaseall / rebase --help'.
>
> This sounds as if you tried to install the 32-bit version of Git for
> Windows? If so, please install the 64-bit version instead.
>
> Ciao,
> Johannes



-- 
Sebastian Castro Alvarez
PhD student
Department of Psychometrics & Statistics
Heymans Institute for Psychological Research
University of Groningen
https://www.rug.nl/staff/s.castro.alvarez/

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: could not fork child process rebasing required
  2019-09-12  8:49   ` Castro Alvarez, Sebastian
@ 2019-09-12 11:28     ` Johannes Schindelin
  2019-09-12 14:10       ` Castro Alvarez, Sebastian
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Johannes Schindelin @ 2019-09-12 11:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Castro Alvarez, Sebastian; +Cc: git

Hi Sebastian,

On Thu, 12 Sep 2019, Castro Alvarez, Sebastian wrote:

> I have tried with both versions 32-bit and 64-bit, none of them work
> for me, I still get the same error. :(

The most common reason for this, then, would be an overzealous
anti-malware.

Ciao,
Johannes

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: could not fork child process rebasing required
  2019-09-12 11:28     ` Johannes Schindelin
@ 2019-09-12 14:10       ` Castro Alvarez, Sebastian
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 5+ messages in thread
From: Castro Alvarez, Sebastian @ 2019-09-12 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Johannes Schindelin; +Cc: git

Hi Johannes,

I will try to check for this. Thanks a lot!
best,
Sebastian

On Thu, Sep 12, 2019 at 1:29 PM Johannes Schindelin
<Johannes.Schindelin@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> Hi Sebastian,
>
> On Thu, 12 Sep 2019, Castro Alvarez, Sebastian wrote:
>
> > I have tried with both versions 32-bit and 64-bit, none of them work
> > for me, I still get the same error. :(
>
> The most common reason for this, then, would be an overzealous
> anti-malware.
>
> Ciao,
> Johannes



-- 
Sebastian Castro Alvarez
PhD student
Department of Psychometrics & Statistics
Heymans Institute for Psychological Research
University of Groningen
https://www.rug.nl/staff/s.castro.alvarez/

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

end of thread, back to index

Thread overview: 5+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2019-09-11 13:00 could not fork child process rebasing required Castro Alvarez, Sebastian
2019-09-12  8:45 ` Johannes Schindelin
2019-09-12  8:49   ` Castro Alvarez, Sebastian
2019-09-12 11:28     ` Johannes Schindelin
2019-09-12 14:10       ` Castro Alvarez, Sebastian

git@vger.kernel.org list mirror (unofficial, one of many)

Archives are clonable:
	git clone --mirror https://public-inbox.org/git
	git clone --mirror http://ou63pmih66umazou.onion/git
	git clone --mirror http://czquwvybam4bgbro.onion/git
	git clone --mirror http://hjrcffqmbrq6wope.onion/git

Newsgroups are available over NNTP:
	nntp://news.public-inbox.org/inbox.comp.version-control.git
	nntp://ou63pmih66umazou.onion/inbox.comp.version-control.git
	nntp://czquwvybam4bgbro.onion/inbox.comp.version-control.git
	nntp://hjrcffqmbrq6wope.onion/inbox.comp.version-control.git
	nntp://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git

 note: .onion URLs require Tor: https://www.torproject.org/

AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/ public-inbox