git@vger.kernel.org list mirror (unofficial, one of many)
 help / color / mirror / code / Atom feed
* Preparing for 2.20.1 brown-paper-bag maintenance release
@ 2018-12-13  6:29 Junio C Hamano
  2018-12-13 12:50 ` Johannes Schindelin
  2018-12-13 14:05 ` Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason
  0 siblings, 2 replies; 6+ messages in thread
From: Junio C Hamano @ 2018-12-13  6:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git
  Cc: Johannes Schindelin, Derrick Stolee,
	Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy

Here is an excerpt from a draft edition of "What's cooking" report
for topics that are about an immediate 2.20.1 maintenance release,
with five topics that I plan to merge to 'next' and then to 'maint'
soonish (they're all marked as "Will merge to 'next' and then to
'master'").

They'll be in 'pu' but not in 'next' in today's pushout, but unless
I hear breakage reports in time, I am hoping to merge them to 'next'
during tomorrow's integration cycle, so that we can start the new
week with 2.20.1.

Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------

* ds/hash-independent-tests-fix (2018-12-12) 1 commit
 - .gitattributes: ensure t/oid-info/* has eol=lf

 Test portability fix.


* jc/run-command-report-exec-failure-fix (2018-12-12) 1 commit
 - run-command: report exec failure

 A recent update accidentally squelched an error message when the
 run_command API failed to run a missing command, which has been
 corrected.


* nd/show-gitcomp-compilation-fix (2018-12-12) 1 commit
 - parse-options: fix SunCC compiler warning

 Portability fix for a recent update to parse-options API.


* js/help-commands-verbose-by-default-fix (2018-12-12) 2 commits
 - help -a: handle aliases with long names gracefully
 - help.h: fix coding style

 "git help -a" did not work well when an overly long alias is
 defined, which has been corrected.


* js/mailinfo-format-flowed-fix (2018-12-13) 1 commit
 - t4256: mark support files as LF-only

 Test portability fix.

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 6+ messages in thread

* Re: Preparing for 2.20.1 brown-paper-bag maintenance release
  2018-12-13  6:29 Preparing for 2.20.1 brown-paper-bag maintenance release Junio C Hamano
@ 2018-12-13 12:50 ` Johannes Schindelin
  2018-12-13 14:05 ` Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason
  1 sibling, 0 replies; 6+ messages in thread
From: Johannes Schindelin @ 2018-12-13 12:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Junio C Hamano; +Cc: git, Derrick Stolee, Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy

Hi Junio,

On Thu, 13 Dec 2018, Junio C Hamano wrote:

> * ds/hash-independent-tests-fix (2018-12-12) 1 commit
>  - .gitattributes: ensure t/oid-info/* has eol=lf
> 
>  Test portability fix.
>
> [...]
>
> * js/mailinfo-format-flowed-fix (2018-12-13) 1 commit
>  - t4256: mark support files as LF-only
> 
>  Test portability fix.

We found one more issue that I'd like to get fixed while we're at it: 
one test case in t9902 now needs the PERL prerequisite.

Let me coordinate with Stolee who will send this.

Ciao,
Dscho

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 6+ messages in thread

* Re: Preparing for 2.20.1 brown-paper-bag maintenance release
  2018-12-13  6:29 Preparing for 2.20.1 brown-paper-bag maintenance release Junio C Hamano
  2018-12-13 12:50 ` Johannes Schindelin
@ 2018-12-13 14:05 ` Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason
  2018-12-13 18:08   ` Duy Nguyen
  1 sibling, 1 reply; 6+ messages in thread
From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason @ 2018-12-13 14:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Junio C Hamano
  Cc: git, Johannes Schindelin, Derrick Stolee,
	Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy


On Thu, Dec 13 2018, Junio C Hamano wrote:

> Here is an excerpt from a draft edition of "What's cooking" report
> for topics that are about an immediate 2.20.1 maintenance release,
> with five topics that I plan to merge to 'next' and then to 'maint'
> soonish (they're all marked as "Will merge to 'next' and then to
> 'master'").
>
> They'll be in 'pu' but not in 'next' in today's pushout, but unless
> I hear breakage reports in time, I am hoping to merge them to 'next'
> during tomorrow's integration cycle, so that we can start the new
> week with 2.20.1.
> [...]
> * nd/show-gitcomp-compilation-fix (2018-12-12) 1 commit
>  - parse-options: fix SunCC compiler warning
>
>  Portability fix for a recent update to parse-options API.

Since I reported this, just a clarification: Unlike 46c0eb5843
("files-backend.c: fix build error on Solaris", 2018-11-25) this one's
not an error on suncc, just a warning (and we have 20-30 of those exact
warnings in our code).

So if you wanted to minimize 2.20.1 this could be held back, but also it
looks obviously correct so it's fine that it makes it into that point
release. Just FYI.

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 6+ messages in thread

* Re: Preparing for 2.20.1 brown-paper-bag maintenance release
  2018-12-13 14:05 ` Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason
@ 2018-12-13 18:08   ` Duy Nguyen
  2018-12-13 18:17     ` Duy Nguyen
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 6+ messages in thread
From: Duy Nguyen @ 2018-12-13 18:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason
  Cc: Junio C Hamano, Git Mailing List, Johannes Schindelin, Derrick Stolee

On Thu, Dec 13, 2018 at 3:05 PM Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason
<avarab@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
> On Thu, Dec 13 2018, Junio C Hamano wrote:
>
> > Here is an excerpt from a draft edition of "What's cooking" report
> > for topics that are about an immediate 2.20.1 maintenance release,
> > with five topics that I plan to merge to 'next' and then to 'maint'
> > soonish (they're all marked as "Will merge to 'next' and then to
> > 'master'").
> >
> > They'll be in 'pu' but not in 'next' in today's pushout, but unless
> > I hear breakage reports in time, I am hoping to merge them to 'next'
> > during tomorrow's integration cycle, so that we can start the new
> > week with 2.20.1.
> > [...]
> > * nd/show-gitcomp-compilation-fix (2018-12-12) 1 commit
> >  - parse-options: fix SunCC compiler warning
> >
> >  Portability fix for a recent update to parse-options API.
>
> Since I reported this, just a clarification: Unlike 46c0eb5843
> ("files-backend.c: fix build error on Solaris", 2018-11-25) this one's
> not an error on suncc, just a warning (and we have 20-30 of those exact
> warnings in our code).
>
> So if you wanted to minimize 2.20.1 this could be held back, but also it
> looks obviously correct so it's fine that it makes it into that point
> release. Just FYI.

There's also a bug in my patch (-2 is already being used by
parse_opt_unknown_cb and my patch will change behavior of git-blame at
least in theory). I'll reroll later. I think it's better to hold it
back.
-- 
Duy

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 6+ messages in thread

* Re: Preparing for 2.20.1 brown-paper-bag maintenance release
  2018-12-13 18:08   ` Duy Nguyen
@ 2018-12-13 18:17     ` Duy Nguyen
  2018-12-14  2:40       ` Junio C Hamano
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 6+ messages in thread
From: Duy Nguyen @ 2018-12-13 18:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason
  Cc: Junio C Hamano, Git Mailing List, Johannes Schindelin, Derrick Stolee

On Thu, Dec 13, 2018 at 7:08 PM Duy Nguyen <pclouds@gmail.com> wrote:
> There's also a bug in my patch (-2 is already being used by
> parse_opt_unknown_cb and my patch will change behavior of git-blame at
> least in theory).

Ah no. Too many magic numbers in parse-options.c code. It's working
fine but I'll need to give these some names to avoid confusion in the
future.
-- 
Duy

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 6+ messages in thread

* Re: Preparing for 2.20.1 brown-paper-bag maintenance release
  2018-12-13 18:17     ` Duy Nguyen
@ 2018-12-14  2:40       ` Junio C Hamano
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 6+ messages in thread
From: Junio C Hamano @ 2018-12-14  2:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Duy Nguyen
  Cc: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason, Git Mailing List,
	Johannes Schindelin, Derrick Stolee

Duy Nguyen <pclouds@gmail.com> writes:

> On Thu, Dec 13, 2018 at 7:08 PM Duy Nguyen <pclouds@gmail.com> wrote:
>> There's also a bug in my patch (-2 is already being used by
>> parse_opt_unknown_cb and my patch will change behavior of git-blame at
>> least in theory).
>
> Ah no. Too many magic numbers in parse-options.c code. It's working
> fine but I'll need to give these some names to avoid confusion in the
> future.

OK.


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 6+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2018-12-14  2:40 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 6+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2018-12-13  6:29 Preparing for 2.20.1 brown-paper-bag maintenance release Junio C Hamano
2018-12-13 12:50 ` Johannes Schindelin
2018-12-13 14:05 ` Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason
2018-12-13 18:08   ` Duy Nguyen
2018-12-13 18:17     ` Duy Nguyen
2018-12-14  2:40       ` Junio C Hamano

git@vger.kernel.org list mirror (unofficial, one of many)

This inbox may be cloned and mirrored by anyone:

	git clone --mirror https://public-inbox.org/git
	git clone --mirror http://ou63pmih66umazou.onion/git
	git clone --mirror http://czquwvybam4bgbro.onion/git
	git clone --mirror http://hjrcffqmbrq6wope.onion/git

	# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
	# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
	public-inbox-init -V1 git git/ https://public-inbox.org/git \
		git@vger.kernel.org
	public-inbox-index git

Example config snippet for mirrors.
Newsgroups are available over NNTP:
	nntp://news.public-inbox.org/inbox.comp.version-control.git
	nntp://ou63pmih66umazou.onion/inbox.comp.version-control.git
	nntp://czquwvybam4bgbro.onion/inbox.comp.version-control.git
	nntp://hjrcffqmbrq6wope.onion/inbox.comp.version-control.git
	nntp://news.gmane.io/gmane.comp.version-control.git
 note: .onion URLs require Tor: https://www.torproject.org/

code repositories for project(s) associated with this inbox:

	https://80x24.org/mirrors/git.git

AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/public-inbox.git