* [ANNOUNCE] Git for Windows 2.29.0-rc2
@ 2020-10-15 22:30 Johannes Schindelin
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Johannes Schindelin @ 2020-10-15 22:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
To: git-for-windows, git, git-packagers; +Cc: Johannes Schindelin
Dear Git users,
I hereby announce that Git for Windows 2.29.0-rc2 is available from:
Changes since Git for Windows v2.28.0 (July 28th 2020)
This version upgrades existing users of Git Credential Manager for
Windows (which was just deprecated) to Git Credential Manager Core
("GCM Core", which is the designated successor of the former). This is
necessary because GitHub deprecated password-based authentication and
intends to remove support for it soon, and GCM Core is prepared for
Also, the option to override the branch name used by git init for the
initial branch is now featured prominently in the installer.
* Comes with Git v2.29.0-rc2.
* Comes with MSYS2 runtime (Git for Windows flavor) based on Cygwin
* Comes with Git LFS v2.12.0.
* Comes with GNU Privacy Guard v2.2.23.
* Comes with OpenSSL v1.1.1h.
* Comes with libcbor v0.8.0.
* Comes with libfido2 v1.5.0.
* Comes with OpenSSH v8.4p1.
* Comes with Git Credential Manager Core v184.108.40.2066.
* Existing Git Credential Manager for Windows users are now
automatically upgraded to Git Credential Manager Core.
* Git for Windows' installer learned to let users override the
default branch used by git init.
* The installer size was reduced by dropping a couple unneeded .dll
* Comes with cURL v7.73.0.
* The credential helper selector (used as default credential helper
in the Portable Git) now persists the users choice correctly again.
* The full command-lines of MSYS2 processes (such as cp.exe) spawned
from Git's Bash can now be seen in sysmon, wmic etc by default.
* A bug preventing Unicode characters from being used in the window
title of Git Bash was fixed.
* OpenSSH was patched to no longer warn about an "invalid format"
when private and public keys are stored separately.
* Non-ASCII output of paged Git commands is now rendered correctly in
* It is now possible to use wordpad.exe as Git's editor of choice.
* When using Git via the "Run As..." function, it now uses the
correct home directory.
* The Git Bash prompt now works even after calling set -u.
* Git for Windows can now be installed even with stale AutoRun
registry entries (e.g. left-overs from a Miniconda installation).
Git-2.29.0-rc2-64-bit.exe | 2b361a71956bc09197d34b03bc1cb4dd302a22f3d765cd88d470b90e6fb6f6c3
Git-2.29.0-rc2-32-bit.exe | 64b004d71c5d8c2a44fa296c2a2cbc6b03ad687296dda15de6b0fb4ca1b8addc
PortableGit-2.29.0-rc2-64-bit.7z.exe | 4900a83a87a8fba5a5417f17dc1bb23db8633095b81b56e10fff7b890fa3f431
PortableGit-2.29.0-rc2-32-bit.7z.exe | 0e4530904095267ae75067e6a4e88a9e36e9b0a84fe339e7bfb26ee32c76e67b
MinGit-2.29.0-rc2-64-bit.zip | fa3ef81027a84e5c755fbda79f8afa7b432b330ce890be6389a2761307672a9c
MinGit-2.29.0-rc2-32-bit.zip | 52747db780aa3608929d3b423fadc59e5bd56ec7784e71ac7a3904104d6fa259
MinGit-2.29.0-rc2-busybox-64-bit.zip | 096ea5e7efefb091adc33897c735efd8d45103d06e5fec41823378be3cc66182
MinGit-2.29.0-rc2-busybox-32-bit.zip | c68e94dfb8c116acdb870e950ee0abd400011ff6a62e78621f52eeefc5a763c5
Git-2.29.0-rc2-64-bit.tar.bz2 | ab2266f729f4ef1f0573f89b9a94d9464f1630fba8a9d4bef27722f37e92a68b
Git-2.29.0-rc2-32-bit.tar.bz2 | 8ff4ccab4e8a59b1c3a2cbdd894bc0747b170e7951facfc304ac47353b6c1327
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-10-15 22:30 UTC | newest]
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2020-10-15 22:30 [ANNOUNCE] Git for Windows 2.29.0-rc2 Johannes Schindelin
email@example.com list mirror (unofficial, one of many)
This inbox may be cloned and mirrored by anyone:
git clone --mirror https://public-inbox.org/git
git clone --mirror http://ou63pmih66umazou.onion/git
git clone --mirror http://czquwvybam4bgbro.onion/git
git clone --mirror http://hjrcffqmbrq6wope.onion/git
# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
public-inbox-init -V1 git git/ https://public-inbox.org/git \
Example config snippet for mirrors.
Newsgroups are available over NNTP:
note: .onion URLs require Tor: https://www.torproject.org/
code repositories for the project(s) associated with this inbox:
AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/public-inbox.git