* [ANNOUNCE] Git for Windows 2.28.0
@ 2020-07-28 10:32 Johannes Schindelin
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Johannes Schindelin @ 2020-07-28 10:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
To: git-for-windows, git, git-packagers; +Cc: Johannes Schindelin
Dear Git users,
I hereby announce that Git for Windows 2.28.0 is available from:
Changes since Git for Windows v2.27.0 (June 1st 2020)
* Comes with Git v2.28.0.
* Comes with subversion v1.14.0.
* Comes with the designated successor of Git Credential Manager for
Windows (GCM for Windows), the cross-platform Git Credential
Manager Core. For now, this is opt-in, with the idea of eventually
retiring GCM for Windows.
* Comes with cURL v7.71.1.
* Comes with Perl v5.32.0.
* Comes with MSYS2 runtime (Git for Windows flavor) based on Cygwin
3.1.6 (including the improvements of Cygwin 3.1.5).
* Comes with GNU Privacy Guard v2.2.21.
* A typo was fixed in the installer.
* The new git pull behavior option now records the fast-forward
* In v2.27.0, git svn was broken completely, which has been fixed.
* Some Git operations could end up with bogus modified symbolic links
(where git status would report changes but git diff would not),
which is now fixed.
* When reinstalling (or upgrading) Git for Windows, the "Pseudo
Console Support" choice is now remembered correctly.
* Under certain circumstances, the Git Bash window (MinTTY) would
crash frequently, which has been addressed.
* When pseudo console support is enabled, the VIM editor sometimes
had troubles accepting certain keystrokes, which was fixed.
* Due to a bug, it was not possible to disable Pseudo Console support
by reinstalling with the checkbox turned off, which has been fixed.
* A bug with enabled Pseudo Console support, where git add -i would
not quit the file selection mode upon an empty input, has been
* The cleanup mode called "scissors" in git commit now handles CR/LF
line endings correctly.
* When cloning into an existing directory, under certain
circumstances, the core.worktree option was set unnecessarily. This
has been fixed.
Git-2.28.0-64-bit.exe | a8ef3311ac0c8747ba2f5aef3e475ad42fbc084ada7e6fb5060481a78c1a9cf2
Git-2.28.0-32-bit.exe | 9b83b16f1d73212492f21d9bffe41c4b5ce8393a356af96bf8271652c04dfe8f
PortableGit-2.28.0-64-bit.7z.exe | 0cd682188b76eeb3a5da3a466d4095d2ccd892e07aae5871c45bf8c43cdb3b13
PortableGit-2.28.0-32-bit.7z.exe | 11b854e9246057a22014dbf349adfc160ffa740dba7af0dbd42d642661b2cc7f
MinGit-2.28.0-64-bit.zip | c391cb018ae959a76ad2688b0cc7a05f6541d0b43d0ff4d4dacab923363c8dd8
MinGit-2.28.0-32-bit.zip | df42b0c1e3fd18714d1de1c5b1b5def395d6952f9e25d23b249d52bde9ec8f85
MinGit-2.28.0-busybox-64-bit.zip | 1d879a5aea154676cd2be8b947dcdfc0991f82b72dd5116a31146bac923b7cca
MinGit-2.28.0-busybox-32-bit.zip | fc8a5cc3e82697fea4a49640f43ba83c77aa75f67eaa1d610e650f3f21548fdb
Git-2.28.0-64-bit.tar.bz2 | b26b558bbcb2f96112ab491591166a295e1ffe197675693aadcb7b5d2b3e1eb2
Git-2.28.0-32-bit.tar.bz2 | 946b798be0c1d7a1e09d4d560a074d80716d3dd64c5484b184316dc465e1f4d1
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-07-28 10:32 UTC | newest]
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2020-07-28 10:32 [ANNOUNCE] Git for Windows 2.28.0 Johannes Schindelin
Code repositories for project(s) associated with this inbox:
This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).