From: Johannes Schindelin <email@example.com>
To: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com,
Cc: Johannes Schindelin <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] Git for Windows 2.28.0-rc2
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2020 19:59:05 +0000 [thread overview]
Message-ID: <email@example.com> (raw)
Dear Git users,
I hereby announce that Git for Windows 2.28.0-rc2 is available from:
Changes since Git for Windows v2.27.0 (June 1st 2020)
* Comes with Git v2.28.0-rc2.
* Comes with subversion v1.14.0.
* Comes with the designated successor of Git Credential Manager for
Windows (GCM for Windows), the cross-platform Git Credential
Manager Core. For now, this is opt-in, with the idea of eventually
retiring GCM for Windows.
* Comes with cURL v7.71.1.
* Comes with Perl v5.32.0.
* Comes with MSYS2 runtime (Git for Windows flavor) based on Cygwin
3.1.6 (including the improvements of Cygwin 3.1.5).
* Comes with GNU Privacy Guard v2.2.21.
* A typo was fixed in the installer.
* The new git pull behavior option now records the fast-forward
* In v2.27.0, git svn was broken completely, which has been fixed.
* Some Git operations could end up with bogus modified symbolic links
(where git status would report changes but git diff would not),
which is now fixed.
* When reinstalling (or upgrading) Git for Windows, the "Pseudo
Console Support" choice is now remembered correctly.
* Under certain circumstances, the Git Bash window (MinTTY) would
crash frequently, which has been addressed.
* When pseudo console support is enabled, the VIM editor sometimes
had troubles accepting certain keystrokes, which was fixed.
* Due to a bug, it was not possible to disable Pseudo Console support
by reinstalling with the checkbox turned off, which has been fixed.
* A bug with enabled Pseudo Console support, where git add -i would
not quit the file selection mode upon an empty input, has been
* The cleanup mode called "scissors" in git commit now handles CR/LF
line endings correctly.
* When cloning into an existing directory, under certain
circumstances, the core.worktree option was set unnecessarily. This
has been fixed.
Git-2.28.0-rc2-64-bit.exe | 847cbe1f10ac1b96be44778861cf8e26806ec48ca335b20f357dd5a7339dfb31
Git-2.28.0-rc2-32-bit.exe | 75b3bdfbf558b3d9b16297e7dad46cce0fa2783853f1701dbb266a14483d7c6f
PortableGit-2.28.0-rc2-64-bit.7z.exe | bc06dcaff14b22cfa11ce281a97e2c93291d391e3bc8234c9433b498fe6c96fe
PortableGit-2.28.0-rc2-32-bit.7z.exe | 6e30d648fd23cffdb2610a52125823c66cb807e612ec4b4856dafe4e81656a8a
MinGit-2.28.0-rc2-64-bit.zip | ab9aecc81c6a0ce9255f1213ba74aa933f34eb8d4a317706b5f8a8b4175c78df
MinGit-2.28.0-rc2-32-bit.zip | 939d9bf40f0c0fa9fb7d7664aa9942916b7e9fe9b26c5cfcd14b55c651473a09
MinGit-2.28.0-rc2-busybox-64-bit.zip | 1c72215e2d2453af243839d21e451c12b090864757f5c0e00e1a9d71d7c03c17
MinGit-2.28.0-rc2-busybox-32-bit.zip | eac626b7d8d181b78dbd1f85322241b1333fd67286eda5c4acaa14672266d598
Git-2.28.0-rc2-64-bit.tar.bz2 | b413877a5b6466f3f7f74ec2281ae602fce5a92c6b71d099a85a0259e225b406
Git-2.28.0-rc2-32-bit.tar.bz2 | 2f72c7d748346cf27b5530eddc07455eb1201658b206005e590a392c17dae2ec
reply other threads:[~2020-07-22 19:59 UTC|newest]
Thread overview: [no followups] expand[flat|nested] mbox.gz Atom feed
You may reply publicly to this message via plain-text email
using any one of the following methods:
* Save the following mbox file, import it into your mail client,
and reply-to-all from there: mbox
Avoid top-posting and favor interleaved quoting:
List information: http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
* Reply using the --to, --cc, and --in-reply-to
switches of git-send-email(1):
git send-email \
* If your mail client supports setting the In-Reply-To header
via mailto: links, try the mailto: link
Be sure your reply has a Subject: header at the top and a blank line
before the message body.
Code repositories for project(s) associated with this public inbox
This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).