git@vger.kernel.org mailing list mirror (one of many)
 help / Atom feed
* [ANNOUNCE] Git for Windows 2.14.2(3)
@ 2017-10-12 22:53 Johannes Schindelin
  2017-10-13 12:48 ` Steve Hoelzer
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 7+ messages in thread
From: Johannes Schindelin @ 2017-10-12 22:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git-for-windows, git; +Cc: Johannes Schindelin

Dear Git users,

It is my pleasure to announce that Git for Windows 2.14.2(3) is available from:

	https://git-for-windows.github.io/

Changes since Git for Windows v2.14.2(2) (October 5th 2017)

New Features

  * Comes with Git LFS v2.3.3.

Bug Fixes

  * Re-enabled some SSHv1 ciphers since some sites (e.g. Visual Studio
    Team Services) rely on them for the time being.

Filename | SHA-256
-------- | -------
Git-2.14.2.3-64-bit.exe | 819120ce83b07c053f59c53e22682c14ef9ca3ac24a9a2b6a744df1c050afba1
Git-2.14.2.3-32-bit.exe | 0b07ffb89ccd20c760cd9d4229e65ce732ed66713a4c8ac7dbedc95562c8adf6
PortableGit-2.14.2.3-64-bit.7z.exe | 3525a7e7eb5775d38e65b2981c6e315dd97b93829bd322628a8bb2698ffdf63a
PortableGit-2.14.2.3-32-bit.7z.exe | c4d8829b6783ed9f725d9d112eefc31a1b103ea97e4728ab47a3636c08408155
MinGit-2.14.2.3-64-bit.zip | ac351c9dcdc2142b3b07b056c818927a41c32d7c615a2f7f8d18121881a3c6f0
MinGit-2.14.2.3-32-bit.zip | 7cc1f27e1cfe79381e1a504a5fc7bc33951ac9031cd14c3bf478769d21a26cce
MinGit-2.14.2.3-busybox-64-bit.zip | 9418629fcd1d782cda5679ccbae9df679be77660c7937ab19d1d80f742fbc763
MinGit-2.14.2.3-busybox-32-bit.zip | 2c1ea230b90081bcb268e05a0ae9660599881cdad6c8a34e02bd1aad4182ec90
Git-2.14.2.3-64-bit.tar.bz2 | 3d33a94473f8839b71f23fcdcf5f1f6aaf94b88d5efd169fb17ce3884da4e9df
Git-2.14.2.3-32-bit.tar.bz2 | 510d10e59463697255210f5deb4a42135fbff5fda8fc15e1b14bc2befb92e1c1

Ciao,
Johannes

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: [ANNOUNCE] Git for Windows 2.14.2(3)
  2017-10-12 22:53 [ANNOUNCE] Git for Windows 2.14.2(3) Johannes Schindelin
@ 2017-10-13 12:48 ` Steve Hoelzer
  2017-10-15 15:11   ` Johannes Schindelin
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 7+ messages in thread
From: Steve Hoelzer @ 2017-10-13 12:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Johannes Schindelin; +Cc: git-for-windows, git

Johannes,

On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 5:53 PM, Johannes Schindelin
<johannes.schindelin@gmx.de> wrote:
> Dear Git users,
>
> It is my pleasure to announce that Git for Windows 2.14.2(3) is available from:
>
>         https://git-for-windows.github.io/
>
> Changes since Git for Windows v2.14.2(2) (October 5th 2017)
>
> New Features
>
>   * Comes with Git LFS v2.3.3.

I just ran "git update" and afterward "git version" reported
2.14.2(3), but "git lfs version" still said 2.3.2.

I also uninstalled/reinstalled Git for Windows and LFS is still 2.3.2.

Steve

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: [ANNOUNCE] Git for Windows 2.14.2(3)
  2017-10-13 12:48 ` Steve Hoelzer
@ 2017-10-15 15:11   ` Johannes Schindelin
  2017-10-16 10:57     ` Johannes Schindelin
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 7+ messages in thread
From: Johannes Schindelin @ 2017-10-15 15:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steve Hoelzer; +Cc: git-for-windows, git

Hi Steve,

On Fri, 13 Oct 2017, Steve Hoelzer wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 5:53 PM, Johannes Schindelin
> <johannes.schindelin@gmx.de> wrote:
> >
> > It is my pleasure to announce that Git for Windows 2.14.2(3) is available from:
> >
> >         https://git-for-windows.github.io/
> >
> > Changes since Git for Windows v2.14.2(2) (October 5th 2017)
> >
> > New Features
> >
> >   * Comes with Git LFS v2.3.3.
> 
> I just ran "git update" and afterward "git version" reported
> 2.14.2(3), but "git lfs version" still said 2.3.2.
> 
> I also uninstalled/reinstalled Git for Windows and LFS is still 2.3.2.

Ah bummer. I forgot to actually update it in the VM where I build the
releases :-(

Will work on it tomorrow.

Thanks for double-checking,
Johannes

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: [ANNOUNCE] Git for Windows 2.14.2(3)
  2017-10-15 15:11   ` Johannes Schindelin
@ 2017-10-16 10:57     ` Johannes Schindelin
  2017-10-16 18:59       ` Steve Hoelzer
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 7+ messages in thread
From: Johannes Schindelin @ 2017-10-16 10:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steve Hoelzer; +Cc: git-for-windows, git

Hi Steve,

On Sun, 15 Oct 2017, Johannes Schindelin wrote:

> On Fri, 13 Oct 2017, Steve Hoelzer wrote:
> 
> > On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 5:53 PM, Johannes Schindelin
> > <johannes.schindelin@gmx.de> wrote:
> > >
> > > It is my pleasure to announce that Git for Windows 2.14.2(3) is
> > > available from:
> > >
> > >         https://git-for-windows.github.io/
> > >
> > > Changes since Git for Windows v2.14.2(2) (October 5th 2017)
> > >
> > > New Features
> > >
> > >   * Comes with Git LFS v2.3.3.
> > 
> > I just ran "git update" and afterward "git version" reported
> > 2.14.2(3), but "git lfs version" still said 2.3.2.
> > 
> > I also uninstalled/reinstalled Git for Windows and LFS is still 2.3.2.
> 
> Ah bummer. I forgot to actually update it in the VM where I build the
> releases :-(
> 
> Will work on it tomorrow.

I'll actually use this opportunity to revamp a part of Git for Windows'
release engineering process to try to prevent similar things from
happening in the future.

Also, cURL v7.56.1 is slated to be released in exactly one week, and I
have some important installer work to do this week, so I'll just defer the
new Git for Windows version tentatively to Monday, 23rd.

Git LFS users can always install Git LFS v2.3.3 specifically in the
meantime, or use Git for Windows' snapshot versions
(https://wingit.blob.core.windows.net/files/index.html).

Ciao,
Johannes

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: [ANNOUNCE] Git for Windows 2.14.2(3)
  2017-10-16 10:57     ` Johannes Schindelin
@ 2017-10-16 18:59       ` Steve Hoelzer
  2017-10-17  4:49         ` Lars Schneider
  2017-10-17  9:03         ` Johannes Schindelin
  0 siblings, 2 replies; 7+ messages in thread
From: Steve Hoelzer @ 2017-10-16 18:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Johannes Schindelin; +Cc: git-for-windows, git

Johannes,

On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 5:57 AM, Johannes Schindelin
<Johannes.Schindelin@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> On Sun, 15 Oct 2017, Johannes Schindelin wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 13 Oct 2017, Steve Hoelzer wrote:
>>
>> > On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 5:53 PM, Johannes Schindelin
>> > <johannes.schindelin@gmx.de> wrote:
>> > >
>> > > It is my pleasure to announce that Git for Windows 2.14.2(3) is
>> > > available from:
>> > >
>> > >         https://git-for-windows.github.io/
>> > >
>> > > Changes since Git for Windows v2.14.2(2) (October 5th 2017)
>> > >
>> > > New Features
>> > >
>> > >   * Comes with Git LFS v2.3.3.
>> >
>> > I just ran "git update" and afterward "git version" reported
>> > 2.14.2(3), but "git lfs version" still said 2.3.2.
>> >
>> > I also uninstalled/reinstalled Git for Windows and LFS is still 2.3.2.
>>
>> Ah bummer. I forgot to actually update it in the VM where I build the
>> releases :-(
>>
>> Will work on it tomorrow.
>
> I'll actually use this opportunity to revamp a part of Git for Windows'
> release engineering process to try to prevent similar things from
> happening in the future.
>
> Also, cURL v7.56.1 is slated to be released in exactly one week, and I
> have some important installer work to do this week, so I'll just defer the
> new Git for Windows version tentatively to Monday, 23rd.
>
> Git LFS users can always install Git LFS v2.3.3 specifically in the
> meantime, or use Git for Windows' snapshot versions
> (https://wingit.blob.core.windows.net/files/index.html).

Sounds like a good plan.

I think I have successfully updated to LFS 2.3.3 by copying the new
git-lfs.exe into C:\Program Files\Git\mingw64\bin. Is that right way
to do it?

Thanks,
Steve

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: [ANNOUNCE] Git for Windows 2.14.2(3)
  2017-10-16 18:59       ` Steve Hoelzer
@ 2017-10-17  4:49         ` Lars Schneider
  2017-10-17  9:03         ` Johannes Schindelin
  1 sibling, 0 replies; 7+ messages in thread
From: Lars Schneider @ 2017-10-17  4:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steve Hoelzer; +Cc: Johannes Schindelin, git-for-windows, git


> On 16 Oct 2017, at 20:59, Steve Hoelzer <shoelzer@gmail.com> wrote:
> 
> Johannes,
> 
> On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 5:57 AM, Johannes Schindelin
> <Johannes.Schindelin@gmx.de> wrote:
>> Hi Steve,
>> 
>> On Sun, 15 Oct 2017, Johannes Schindelin wrote:
>> 
>>> On Fri, 13 Oct 2017, Steve Hoelzer wrote:
>>> 
>>>> On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 5:53 PM, Johannes Schindelin
>>>> <johannes.schindelin@gmx.de> wrote:
>>>>> 
>>>>> It is my pleasure to announce that Git for Windows 2.14.2(3) is
>>>>> available from:
>>>>> 
>>>>>        https://git-for-windows.github.io/
>>>>> 
>>>>> Changes since Git for Windows v2.14.2(2) (October 5th 2017)
>>>>> 
>>>>> New Features
>>>>> 
>>>>>  * Comes with Git LFS v2.3.3.
>>>> 
>>>> I just ran "git update" and afterward "git version" reported
>>>> 2.14.2(3), but "git lfs version" still said 2.3.2.
>>>> 
>>>> I also uninstalled/reinstalled Git for Windows and LFS is still 2.3.2.
>>> 
>>> Ah bummer. I forgot to actually update it in the VM where I build the
>>> releases :-(
>>> 
>>> Will work on it tomorrow.
>> 
>> I'll actually use this opportunity to revamp a part of Git for Windows'
>> release engineering process to try to prevent similar things from
>> happening in the future.
>> 
>> Also, cURL v7.56.1 is slated to be released in exactly one week, and I
>> have some important installer work to do this week, so I'll just defer the
>> new Git for Windows version tentatively to Monday, 23rd.
>> 
>> Git LFS users can always install Git LFS v2.3.3 specifically in the
>> meantime, or use Git for Windows' snapshot versions
>> (https://wingit.blob.core.windows.net/files/index.html).
> 
> Sounds like a good plan.
> 
> I think I have successfully updated to LFS 2.3.3 by copying the new
> git-lfs.exe into C:\Program Files\Git\mingw64\bin. Is that right way
> to do it?

That's how I do it and that's how the Git LFS installer will (hopefully)
do it in the future, too: https://github.com/git-lfs/git-lfs/issues/2587

- Lars


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: [ANNOUNCE] Git for Windows 2.14.2(3)
  2017-10-16 18:59       ` Steve Hoelzer
  2017-10-17  4:49         ` Lars Schneider
@ 2017-10-17  9:03         ` Johannes Schindelin
  1 sibling, 0 replies; 7+ messages in thread
From: Johannes Schindelin @ 2017-10-17  9:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steve Hoelzer; +Cc: git-for-windows, git

Hi Steve,

On Mon, 16 Oct 2017, Steve Hoelzer wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 5:57 AM, Johannes Schindelin
> <Johannes.Schindelin@gmx.de> wrote:
> > Hi Steve,
> >
> > On Sun, 15 Oct 2017, Johannes Schindelin wrote:
> >
> >> On Fri, 13 Oct 2017, Steve Hoelzer wrote:
> >>
> >> > On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 5:53 PM, Johannes Schindelin
> >> > <johannes.schindelin@gmx.de> wrote:
> >> > >
> >> > > It is my pleasure to announce that Git for Windows 2.14.2(3) is
> >> > > available from:
> >> > >
> >> > >         https://git-for-windows.github.io/
> >> > >
> >> > > Changes since Git for Windows v2.14.2(2) (October 5th 2017)
> >> > >
> >> > > New Features
> >> > >
> >> > >   * Comes with Git LFS v2.3.3.
> >> >
> >> > I just ran "git update" and afterward "git version" reported
> >> > 2.14.2(3), but "git lfs version" still said 2.3.2.
> >> >
> >> > I also uninstalled/reinstalled Git for Windows and LFS is still 2.3.2.
> >>
> >> Ah bummer. I forgot to actually update it in the VM where I build the
> >> releases :-(
> >>
> >> Will work on it tomorrow.
> >
> > I'll actually use this opportunity to revamp a part of Git for Windows'
> > release engineering process to try to prevent similar things from
> > happening in the future.
> >
> > Also, cURL v7.56.1 is slated to be released in exactly one week, and I
> > have some important installer work to do this week, so I'll just defer the
> > new Git for Windows version tentatively to Monday, 23rd.
> >
> > Git LFS users can always install Git LFS v2.3.3 specifically in the
> > meantime, or use Git for Windows' snapshot versions
> > (https://wingit.blob.core.windows.net/files/index.html).
> 
> Sounds like a good plan.
> 
> I think I have successfully updated to LFS 2.3.3 by copying the new
> git-lfs.exe into C:\Program Files\Git\mingw64\bin. Is that right way
> to do it?

That should be enough in your case, as the config is already written by
the Git for Windows installer.

In general, the best way to install a new Git LFS version seems to be to
download and run the Git LFS installer:

https://github.com/git-lfs/git-lfs/releases/download/v2.3.3/git-lfs-windows-2.3.3.exe

Ciao,
Johannes

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

end of thread, back to index

Thread overview: 7+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2017-10-12 22:53 [ANNOUNCE] Git for Windows 2.14.2(3) Johannes Schindelin
2017-10-13 12:48 ` Steve Hoelzer
2017-10-15 15:11   ` Johannes Schindelin
2017-10-16 10:57     ` Johannes Schindelin
2017-10-16 18:59       ` Steve Hoelzer
2017-10-17  4:49         ` Lars Schneider
2017-10-17  9:03         ` Johannes Schindelin

git@vger.kernel.org mailing list mirror (one of many)

Archives are clonable:
	git clone --mirror https://public-inbox.org/git
	git clone --mirror http://ou63pmih66umazou.onion/git
	git clone --mirror http://czquwvybam4bgbro.onion/git
	git clone --mirror http://hjrcffqmbrq6wope.onion/git

Newsgroups are available over NNTP:
	nntp://news.public-inbox.org/inbox.comp.version-control.git
	nntp://ou63pmih66umazou.onion/inbox.comp.version-control.git
	nntp://czquwvybam4bgbro.onion/inbox.comp.version-control.git
	nntp://hjrcffqmbrq6wope.onion/inbox.comp.version-control.git
	nntp://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git

 note: .onion URLs require Tor: https://www.torproject.org/
       or Tor2web: https://www.tor2web.org/

AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/ public-inbox