about summary refs log tree commit homepage
path: root/script/public-inbox-nntpd
DateCommit message (Collapse)
2020-02-06treewide: run update-copyrights from gnulib for 2019
I didn't wait until September to do it, this year!
2020-01-06treewide: "require" + "use" cleanup and docs
There's a bunch of leftover "require" and "use" statements we no longer need and can get rid of, along with some excessive imports via "use". IO::Handle usage isn't always obvious, so add comments describing why a package loads it. Along the same lines, document the tmpdir support as the reason we depend on File::Temp 0.19, even though every Perl 5.10.1+ user has it. While we're at it, favor "use" over "require", since it it gives us extra compile-time checking.
2019-09-09run update-copyrights from gnulib for 2019
2019-07-06nntp: support COMPRESS DEFLATE per RFC 8054
This is only tested so far with my patches to Net::NNTP at: https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=129967 Memory use in C10K situations is disappointing, but that's the nature of compression. gzip compression over HTTPS does have the advantage of not keeping zlib streams open when clients are idle, at the cost of worse compression.
2019-06-24nntp: NNTPS and NNTP+STARTTLS working
It kinda, barely works, and I'm most happy I got it working without any modifications to the main NNTP::event_step callback thanks to the DS->write(CODE) support we inherited from Danga::Socket.
2018-02-07update copyrights for 2018
Using update-copyrights from gnulib While we're at it, use the SPDX identifier for AGPL-3.0+ to ease mechanical processing.
2016-04-25split out NNTPD and HTTPD* modules
Hopefully this modularizes things a little and allows us to work on a combined super server to save RAM.
2016-03-03daemon: avoid polluting the main package
We've distilled the daemon code into one public function ("run"), so avoid polluting the main namespace and just have users prefix with the full package name for this rarely-used class.
2016-02-27move executables to script/ directory
This seems to match more closely with what is expected of Perl packages based on how blib is used. Hopefully makes the top-level source tree less cluttered and things easier-to-find.