Hi! Writing to see about work in converting Gentoo's (now-broken) other archives web interface over into using public-inbox instead. This is the first of a few questions/bumps along the way. For historical reasons on the scaling side, the archive maildirs are stored by date: watch = maildir:$REDACTED/$LISTNAME/.200001/ watch = maildir:$REDACTED/$LISTNAME/.200102/ watch = maildir:$REDACTED/$LISTNAME/.YYYYMM/ watch = maildir:$REDACTED/$LISTNAME/.202311/ etc. (over time, directories are moved to stable read-only storage) If a given list is low traffic does NOT get traffic in a given month, the directory does not exist (it's created when the first mail arrives during a calendar month). Multiply this by ~120 lists, and it gets on the large side for a config file: 7500+ lines just for the "watch" entries. While I could generate the config file, I'm wondering about better solution, to allow globbing the path. I tried to locate a single place in the codebase where this would be applied, but it's not clear enough to me if there's a single place that it can easily modified. If there's a consistent place, I think the cleanest syntax that doesn't break existing consumers would be something like this: [publicinbox "$LISTNAME"] watch = maildirglob:$REDACTED/$LISTNAME/.19????/ watch = maildirglob:$REDACTED/$LISTNAME/.20????/ -- Robin Hugh Johnson Gentoo Linux: Dev, Infra Lead, Foundation President & Treasurer E-Mail : robbat2@gentoo.org GnuPG FP : 11ACBA4F 4778E3F6 E4EDF38E B27B944E 34884E85 GnuPG FP : 7D0B3CEB E9B85B1F 825BCECF EE05E6F6 A48F6136